Virginia Newbie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alix

Reaction score
Just wanted to say Hi,

Been splashing around the ocean my whole life, lots of snokeling time and not real sure what I've been waiting for to get into scuba.

Haven't decided on PADI or NAUI yet, but will start the cert process in the next month or so.

Looking forward to learning much from you all.

Alix

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Welcome, Alix. If you like snorkeling, you'll love scuba. Let us know how your cert goes.

Alix:
Haven't decided on PADI or NAUI yet, but will start the cert process in the next month or so.
If you haven't decided then make use of this forum to help you pick a good instructor.

Once you get certified there are plenty of places to dive nearby. There are many local quarries and lakes to play around in and get your skills up. There are also many off shore sites once you get some experience. Here is some information to whet your appetite,

http://www.atlanticunderwater.com/divesites/index.shtml

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome!

Cornfed...I will definitely take your advice about instructors. Can't wait to get in the water.

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

don

BTW - Did you set up your Profile, as suggested here: http://www.scubaboard.com/t60416.html I update mine after every trip.

:D

Welcome to the sport and the board, Alix.

Good luck with the course and the certification dives.

Best wishes and safe ascents,
Grier

Back
Top Bottom