Farewell Luisefe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guillermo

Registered
Reaction score
Well, if you do a search on the name Luisefe, you will find few posts of someone who was very knowledgeable about the Peruvian coast with its flora and fauna and who loved the sea. Also, someone who was very dear to me since I had known him since childhood and are family now because of our respective wives being sisters and the fact that we are godparents of the kids as well.

Unfortunately, this email is to let you know that he passed away a couple of weeks ago after figthing during a year against a brain tumor (glioma multiforme). He leaves a doting wife and two kids (boy and girl, 5 and 3 years old).

During this last year, I was fortunate to know Luisefe even more and share with him the pain, the anxiety, but also his fortitude, his determination and his love of life and his family.

I believe he redefined the word "buddy", by being and incredible friend in these trying moments, but allowing his friends to share the travails of the process and in the end, by allowing us to help him as he did - always being worried about being the perfect host, always concerned about the comfort of others rather than himself. He was, in every conceivable definition, a true buddy.

Luisefe was also an example of how he lived his life, the valued he inspired in everyone around him, and how he touched with this kindness, rectitude and frienship several people that feel fortunate to have shared a time and space with him.

You will be missed, farewell my friend.

Guillermo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom