Newbies going to Keys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi,

I am glad I found this site.... My wife and I are 50 somethings, going thru certification and planning a week of diving in the keys for the last week of July.

What dive sites should we see? We are staying on Key Largo, should we go further down for any diving?

Heard good things about Horizon Divers, Sea Dwellers, Ocean Divers and Silent World. Any comments? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Glad you found us! This is a great place to spend your SI, but watch out, it's addictive!

I can't help you out with the Florida info, but check out the Florida Conch Divers forum for neighbours and info.

JerryZeman:
Hi,

I am glad I found this site.... My wife and I are 50 somethings, going thru certification and planning a week of diving in the keys for the last week of July.

What dive sites should we see? We are staying on Key Largo, should we go further down for any diving?

Heard good things about Horizon Divers, Sea Dwellers, Ocean Divers and Silent World. Any comments? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

There is more to see off KeyLargo than you can see in a week.
You won't be ready for the big Wrecks (Grove,Duanne,Bibb) but there are some shallow ones and great reefs.

Check these guys out. http://www.bluewaterdiver.net/ They are great, their boat is bigger than the little six-packs, but NOT a huge cattle boat. They are on the canal between the Holiday-Inn & the Ramada.

Welcome to the board. Like HarleyDiver said, there is more to see in Key Largo that you could dive most every day and still have so much more to see. I have used Capt. Slates in the past. But I have heard a lot of good things about most of the other dive operations down there. Enjoy the sites and food down there.

Paul

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

Key Largo is where I went when I was a 52 year old newbie - good place for gereenhorns, for several reasons...

don

BTW - Did you set up your Profile? Some ideas for your Profle might be taken from looking at mine. Click on my Username to the upper left, then click on my Profile, and see what I've done. For your's, click the [CP] in the upper left of the screen, then click [Edit Profile]. If you need any more help, PM me direct.

:D

Back
Top Bottom