Hello Everyone from Charleston, SC!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lulunew2scub

Registered
Reaction score
Just wanted to say "Hi to everyone from beautiful Charleston, SC." I am a lady diver, 40 and new to the diving world and am about halfway through my open water class. I can't wait to make my first open water dive!! I hope to learn alot from all the experienced divers here. If any of you are here in Charleston, SC, I would love to hear from you!

Hi and welcome to the board. I am sure that once you have tasted (but not too literally) your open water dive, you'll be wanting to go back for more. It is very addictive. My first OW dive was a nightmare (runaway ascent followed by a rapid descent) but I have overcome that and am diving every week now making the most of the "good" weather. Just take your time and learn everything that you can and then try to put it into practice. It is a great sport!!

Oh, I just realised that you are from Charleston. My home soccer team from England was playing there last Saturday. Unfortunately, I didn't get the time off work otherwise I could have popped in and said hello :)

I am so excited to start doing some of the different exercises in the water, but am a little worried about equalizing. My ears have always given my trouble in swimming and I hope I can equalize OK..Wish me luck!

Lulunew2scub:
I am so excited to start doing some of the different exercises in the water, but am a little worried about equalizing. My ears have always given my trouble in swimming and I hope I can equalize OK..Wish me luck!

Best of luck to you in that then. You will soon tell if your ears will give you problems but diving to the bottom of the pool and holding your breath is different to diving under the water as the pressure of the air in your lungs and air pipes is different and it is easier, in my opinion, to equalise when diving than when it is swiming. You will be fine!! :)

Aloha! You'll like it here, this is the most informative place to go for SCUBA on the internet. Whether you want info, humor, or spirited debate, (or sometimes all three at once!), this is the place!

Oh, and when you fill out your profile, flex those humor muscles!

TJ

Welcome Aboard!!!

It's addictive, but who cares?!?!?

Good friends and good info. What could be better???

P.S. - If you have not already done so, please fill out your profile.

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Benvenuto a bordo!! :sharks:
and to the underwater world!! :fish:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom