Florida Skindiver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wesleylanier

Reaction score
I am new to these forums! I'm a Florida native who grew up skindiving lakes, rivers and the place I use to love to go the most "Boca Grande". I have not yet fulfilled my dream of becoming a true "diver". I am now in living in Lynchburg Virginia as far from the oceans I love as I have ever lived. I'm facing my 47th birthday this coming November and it still seems I'm as far from becoming a diver as I have ever been. I will be hoping to learn as much as I possibly can about scuba from your posts. I also have another passion I pray God will allow me to experience one day which I have studied a bit over the years, sharks and selatians! Anyone who may have the desire and time to share their expiences with this ol' Florida gator hunter can reach me via wesleylanier@scubadiving.com Thank you and God bless!

Welcome to the board!

Joe

I don't know yet how to navigate through these "threads" as of yet. I had a "pop up" saying there was a response to my posting from a lady named Jenny, yet when I clicked "ok" to view it I apparently lost it. Sorry!

wesleylanier:
I don't know yet how to navigate through these "threads" as of yet. I had a "pop up" saying there was a response to my posting from a lady named Jenny, yet when I clicked "ok" to view it I apparently lost it. Sorry!

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

If you'll look at the top of any page, you'll see Private Messages to the right, and if you have any unread - it'll tell you how many there. Click there to go to them...

don

BTW - Did you set up your Profile? Some ideas for your Profle might be taken from looking at mine. Click on my Username to the upper left, then click on my Profile, and see what I've done. For your's, click the [CP] in the upper left of the screen, then click [Edit Profile]. If you need any more help, PM me direct.

:D

Welcome to ScubaBoard!

I'm assuming from your post that being a "true" diver means being certified in SCUBA. Hopefully, the information here will motivate you to taking that step to getting certified.

Enjoy!

Christian

wesleylanier:

No worries, just go under Quick Links and scroll down to Private Messages. This should take you right where you need to be. Whenever I get a pm, I hit ok to the first box, and cancel to the second one, my messages always come right up.

Hope this works for you, if not, let us know...

By The Way....Welcome to the board

Welcome..... I'll be sending you links to lots of very interesting sites on sharks.... they are my passion as well. Hope you become a scuba diver one day, and when that happens..... just drop me a note and I'll be glad to go see sharks with you! maria

Welcome to the board!
-Grier

Welcome to the board. Lynchburg isn't that far from the ocean.... :wink:

wesleylanier:
I am new to these forums! I'm a Florida native who grew up skindiving lakes, rivers and the place I use to love to go the most "Boca Grande". I have not yet fulfilled my dream of becoming a true "diver". I am now in living in Lynchburg Virginia as far from the oceans I love as I have ever lived. I'm facing my 47th birthday this coming November and it still seems I'm as far from becoming a diver as I have ever been. I will be hoping to learn as much as I possibly can about scuba from your posts. I also have another passion I pray God will allow me to experience one day which I have studied a bit over the years, sharks and selatians! Anyone who may have the desire and time to share their expiences with this ol' Florida gator hunter can reach me via wesleylanier@scubadiving.com Thank you and God bless!

HEY! Wow.. looks like another FL native here.. makes 3 or 4 four of us now! Welcome aboard, and rather than the email bits, why not post. I've actually got 4 dives in Boca Grande pass now and being a Ft Myers native, we may have even skin dived the same lakes around here.

Whats holding you back from getting certified?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom