Hi all from Wisconsin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pink_fins

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am a single (sort of) diver from WI. Let me explain,

My hubby is a diver but he only dives 5 dives a season around here. So I have found buddies around the area to dive with. I am lucky he doesn't mind hauling gear for me and helping me out.

Each season I usually get in around 50 dives from ice dives to very cold water to nice warm water dives.

We usually take a trip once a year in the spring.
One year it is cheap- dive to Florida
the next year it's expensive- cenotes, Roatan etc.

I am an assistant instructor, but don't seem to be doing that much these days. I am up to 536 dives and aiming for 1000 lifetime. Sure hope I make it.

Been lurking here a lot and thought I should introduce myself.
So HI from Northern Wisconsin

gail (pink fins)

pink_fins:
I am a single (sort of) diver from WI. Let me explain,

My hubby is a diver but he only dives 5 dives a season around here. So I have found buddies around the area to dive with. I am lucky he doesn't mind hauling gear for me and helping me out.

Each season I usually get in around 50 dives from ice dives to very cold water to nice warm water dives.

We usually take a trip once a year in the spring.
One year it is cheap- dive to Florida
the next year it's expensive- cenotes, Roatan etc.

I am an assistant instructor, but don't seem to be doing that much these days. I am up to 536 dives and aiming for 1000 lifetime. Sure hope I make it.

Been lurking here a lot and thought I should introduce myself.
So HI from Northern Wisconsin

gail (pink fins)

Hi
From Mid Eastern Wisconsin!
Got any secret dive spots up north????? well it does not hurt to ask! welcome to the board and get to the Great Lakes Wrecking crew for other Wisconsin dives and around the other close states.
Brad
Belgium,WI :42:

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

Well, if you can't be married to a dependable dive buddy, it's good to have a scuba sherpa, eh?

don

BTW - Did you set up your Profile? Some ideas for your Profle might be taken from looking at mine. Click on my Username to the upper left, then click on my Profile, and see what I've done. For your's, click the [CP] in the upper left of the screen, then click [Edit Profile]. If you need any help, PM me direct.

:D

You are going to be so glad you found this board. I have been diving for 16 years, yet have learned so much in the short time I have been on SB.

Welcome to SB!

K

Heya and welcome to the ScubaBoard!

Welcome to ScubaBoard!

I was just running around Wisconsin (and Minnesota) a few weeks ago!

I was visiting Grantsburg, Siren, Prescott and Chippewa Falls to mention a few places.

Although that's about 200 miles east of where you are, it's closer than where I am now! :wink:

Christian

Hi Gail!

I love your intro - it sounds like my own. (My wife is certified, but the diving bug has left her due to an accident, so I'm a single diver most of the time.)

Welcome to our group. It's a great place to hook up with like-minded souls who live to be underwater. Be sure to check out the Florida Conch Divers forum to get up to the minute info on dives that we're doing down here. And if you're on one of your cheap years ( :wink: ), we have some great cheap-*** diving down here! (We have a big group of beach divers on the southeast coast - a typical dive costs around $4 for air fill and ~$4 for parking - can't beat that for a trip to a lush, healthy reef and ninety minutes plus of bottom time, now can you?)

Hope to see you with us in the future. Welcome again,
Grier

Welcome Aboard!!!

It's addictive, but who cares?!?!?

Good friends and good info. What could be better???

P.S. - If you have not already done so, please fill out your profile.

Hello! just wondering - why do you dive in ice water?

Wow 1000 dives in a lifetime now that is a goal. I'm still working on 4 in a day.

Happy Diving

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom