newbie from manila

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marcc

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Guys. I just registered with scubaboard and wanted to give a shoutout to everyone.

Just got certified recently and wanted to get more info from all the experts here. I am scheduled to go diving with Tresher sharks (and mantas if lucky) in a few weeks so I wanted to check out previously posted threads re air consumption, etc.

Cheers!

Welcome Marcc,

Living in Manila you have some excellent diving around you. If you get intersted in wrecks and WWII history you are in a great location. Go to Subic Bay and dive the wrecks there . Dive with Vascoes or the Scuba shack in the SBMA (old Navy base). Or hop a flight to Coron, great wrecks there. Lots of great diving thoughout the PI so keep us updated with dive reports!

Welcome to the board!

Mantas and threshers? Wow, need a buddy?

Joe

Thanks, Octotat.

I do feel quite lucky to be in the Philippines with all the good sites which I'm looking forward to see. I see you've been here before. Hope you sampled our reknowned "Filipino hospitality".

Hi Joe, thanks for the welcome.

Yeah, hope to see those threshers soon. Was told that they are there now (somewhere south of manila - Malapascua Island). If lucky, perhaps would post a pic sometime soon.

Hi there and welcome to ScubaBoard! :dazzler1:

:icecream1 Hi there marcc, I just wanted to make you feel welcome, when I joined many people introduced themselves. On Scuba Board, you will find there are many informative divers here. It’s a good place too, for meeting other divers. If you ever want to talk feel free to PM me. I hope you enjoy being on the board. From Matt. :t-shirt:

marcc:
Hi Guys. I just registered with scubaboard and wanted to give a shoutout to everyone.

Just got certified recently and wanted to get more info from all the experts here. I am scheduled to go diving with Tresher sharks (and mantas if lucky) in a few weeks so I wanted to check out previously posted threads re air consumption, etc.

Cheers!

welcome to the board marcc :)

pinoy diver in california :eyebrow:

Heya and welcome to the Board! Congrats on your recent certification :cheering: !!!! Thresher Sharks, wow!!!! Please give us an update after that dive, sounds amazing.

Cheers,
Vickie

Welcome to ScubaBoard! :happywave

Dive safe!

Christian

P.S. Due to the high volume of new posts in the Introductions and Greets forum, it's not always possible to keep up with all the new posts here. So, please help me out and send me a PM if you post anything you want me to read or repsond to in this forum.
:palmtree: :sunny

Back
Top Bottom