Greetings from Athens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

m7scuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm a very new scuba diver... so new that I'm not even certified yet. Was in Hawaii and had the opportunity to do a couple resort dives and now I want to do some more!

Looking for the right place to take the classes and then do the OW dives. Man is it more expensive here than in HI (I could have done the full OW with boat dives for under $200 there - I just didn't have the time).

Brian

P.S. Can I "log" the dives that I did in HI even though I wasn't certified? I can get the information from one of my buddies that was there (he just got his AOW).

I used to live in Athens, for about 5 years. I am now near Orlando.

You can log whatever you want its your log book. Usually training dives are logged differently from post-cert dives, so maybe you can start with pre-cert dives, training dives, and post- cert dives.

I actually keep a dive jouranl so I can write anything in it I want and include maps and photos.

Heya Brian, welcome to the board! Looks like you've been infected with the "scuba bug" also. Good luck on your quest for certification, keep us updated on your progress :wavey:

Cheers,
Vickie

Hi there and welcome to ScubaBoard! :dazzler1:

Welcome to ScubaBoard! :happywave

It's great that you want to get certified! Keep us posted on how you're doing with that.

Your dives from Hawaii can go in your personal logbook, but I don't think that they would actually count toward any certifications. It would be nice to have them in your logbook just for your own info.

Dive safe!

Christian

P.S. Due to the high volume of new posts in the Introductions and Greets forum, it's not always possible to keep up with all the new posts here. So, please help me out and send me a PM if you post anything you want me to read or repsond to in this forum.
:palmtree: :sunny

Welcome to the board Brian and welcome to our great sport. On your question regarding logging your dives prior to your certification... it will depend on the agency that you end up choosint to get your certification. You can certainly make them a part of your personal log, but I think they will not count 'instead' of proper training dives with any of them.

cheers,
Maria

Howdy!

And welcome to SB - the biggest, the best, the fastest growing, and :D the friendliest!

I just got back last night from a weekend of diving off of Alantic Beach NC - on WWII wrecks. Going to DEMA show next weekend, then Key Largo diving next month. Zoom, zoom! :pilot:

PM me if I can help you learn your way around; that is - click my username to the upper left, then follow the prompts to send me a "Personal Message."

And if you're going to be in Houston Oct 16 - for the DEMA show or any other reason, you're even invited to a SB Bar-B-Q dinner! Click here: http://scubaboard.com/t73366-swampers-bbq-update-and-current-info.html or PM me for assistance in signing up for it. Dee needs to know by the 6th. I wouldn't miss this for anything! :thumb:

don :shades:

:mostlysun Hello there m7scuba, my name is Matt and I wanted to welcome you to the community. I think it’s the best board on the internet for divers. The people on here make it a really friendly place. It’s a great place to see what’s going on with divers. Just wanted to make you feel welcome! If you’d like to chat, please PM me. Take care. :butnhome:

Click here to help greet a new member! :happywave
No experience needed and it feels great!

Hi Brian....welcome to ScubaBoard!

And good luck this weekend against Tennessee! Keep them from playing "Rocky Top."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom