Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

guru153

Reaction score
Hi, I am new here.

Have you or anybody else here visited some of the submerged ruins in Bimini? In particular the Bimini road. An outfit in Bimini says there is even ancient pillars. I have heard :dazzler1: everything from the Atlantean ruins, to crates of Portland cement.

Has anybody visited this? Worth a dive?

Hey There and welcome to ScubaBoard.
I did a few dives in Bimini years ago, and we susposedily (sp) dived on the Lost Road To Atlantis. I do not remember any pillars, but do remember something that looked like an old road.
Bimini has been called a poormans dive destination. Not that it is a bad thing, its cheap to get there and the diving is pretty decent. I would go again.

Howdy!

And welcome to SB - the biggest, the best, the fastest growing, and :D the friendliest!

That "road" is certainly shallow enough that it was dry land during the last ice age, but people had not made it that far at that time, I do't think. If they had, they were not developed in budiling roads. It's a natural stone formation.

Completing your Profile with location and seperately - your Dive Info will help in future diving discussions. You can use the Quick Links menu above for this. Sizing a photo for your profile or Avatar can be a challenge; I'm a fumbling amateur, but I get the job done, if you'd like any help?

PM me if I can help you learn your way around; that is - click my username to the upper left, then follow the prompts to send me a "Personal Message."

And if you're going to be in Houston Oct 16 - for the DEMA show or any other reason, you're even invited to a SB Bar-B-Q dinner! Click here: http://scubaboard.com/t73366-swampers-bbq-update-and-current-info.html or PM me for assistance in signing up for it. Dee wanted to know sooner, but she can squeeze a few in late. I wouldn't miss this for anything! :thumb:

don :shades:

Sorry, can't help you out on that one :) , but I want to welcome you to the board just the same :fruit:

Cheers,
Vickie

Welcome to ScubaBoard! :happywave

That sounds like a really cool place to visit, but I haven't been there. It looks like you are starting to get some answers though.

Don't forget to fill out your profile and dive info, so that we can add context to your future posts. Also, once we know where you are geographically from your profile, you may find that you'll have a whole bunch of new dive buddies to choose from locally.

Dive safe!

Christian

P.S. Due to the high volume of new posts in the Introductions and Greets forum, it's not always possible to keep up with all the new posts here. So, please help me out and send me a PM if you post anything you want me to read or repsond to in this forum.
:palmtree: :sunny

guru153:
Hi, I am new here.

Have you or anybody else here visited some of the submerged ruins in Bimini? In particular the Bimini road. An outfit in Bimini says there is even ancient pillars. I have heard :dazzler1: everything from the Atlantean ruins, to crates of Portland cement.

Has anybody visited this? Worth a dive?
There was a TV special on cable about it a few years back. The speculation ranged from Atlantis to directional space signs to naturally occuring rock formations. I always watch u/w TV programs from a diver's perspective, they didn't look like a terribly great dive, they're in pretty shallow water.

One interesting thing is that to find some of them, this group used Satellite GPS imaging, you could clearly see the shapes in the water since they're pretty shallow. So I doubt it's Portland Cement, that's a lot of cement...There's other good diving on Bimini also so it wouldn't be a wasted trip if they're not that exciting. See Bill & Nowdla O'Keefe's Bimini Undersea (www.biminiundersea.com) for some options.

Hello guru153,
:yl2jump: Welcome to ScubaBoard! I came here to look for help with my scuba diving dream and the response has been fantastic. So, I know you will enjoy being a member here. There are a lot of nice and informative scuba divers. It's a good place to meet other divers and share experiences and dreams. Take care from Matt. :snorkels:

Click here to help greet a new member! :happywave
No experience needed and it feels great!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom