Hi from Ohio!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I'm so glad I found the website (through marinebio.org)! I am currently living in Ohio, but hope to make my move down south (Pensacola, FL) after the first of the year. I have always wanted to scuba, but never followed through with it. I'm moving to FL to study marine biology (2nd degree) and hopefully get scuba certified. I can't wait to start and get diving!! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! :D

~Carrie

Howdy!

And welcome to SB - the biggest, the best, the fastest growing, and :D the friendliest!
Be sure to check our New2Scuba forum!

Completing your Profile with location and seperately - your Dive Info will help in future diving discussions. You can use the Quick Links menu above for this. Sizing a photo for your profile or Avatar can be a challenge; I'm a fumbling amateur, but I get the job done, if you'd like any help?

PM me if I can help you learn your way around; that is - click my username to the upper left, then follow the prompts to send me a "Personal Message."

And if you're going to be in Houston tonight - for the DEMA show or any other reason, you're even invited to a SB Bar-B-Q dinner! Click here: http://scubaboard.com/t73366-swampers-bbq-update-and-current-info.html or PM me for assistance in signing up for it. Dee wanted to know sooner, but she can squeeze a few in late. I wouldn't miss this for anything! :thumb:

don :snorkel:

Hello there Carrie,
Welcome to Scuba Board - the greatest online place, the fastest growing, and the nicest! You can meet a lot of helpful people here and it’s an awesome place to get answers about scuba diving. If you ever want to chat feel free to PM me. Take care and safe diving from Matt. :thumb:

Click here to greet a new member!
:happywave
No experience needed and it feels great!

Hi and welcome...

There is a sub forum for Great Lakes folks, which includes those of us in Ohio... check it out!! And enjoy the board... the amount of wisdom dispensed here (along with a few other things) :) is amazing!

Welcome and check out the Midwest Muck Divers forum also.

Heya Carrie!!!! Welcome to the Board!!!!! Let us know when you make that move down here, the Florida Conch divers are a very active group (you can check out our forum click here ) there's a pretty good chance of other SB divers being close by you.. Best of luck with your certification quest, keep us updated on how that works out for you..

Cheers,
Vickie

Welcome, as a long-transplanted Ohioian I can tell you, Florida is much better!

Go Buckeyes... or Bearcats... whichever :)

Welcome to ScubaBoard! :happywave

Well, if you're going to study Marine Biology, getting certified in SCUBA is a given!

Dive safe!

Christian

P.S. Due to the high volume of new posts in the Introductions and Greets forum, it's not always possible to keep up with all the new posts here. So, please help me out and send me a PM if you post anything you want me to read or repsond to in this forum.
:palmtree: :sunny

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom