Greetings and Flelicitations!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Greetings, felicitations, and howdy-do!

Just taking a moment to introduce myself. I'm just reentering the diving world after a pause (wrist surgery and a lengthy rehabilitation) and liked what I saw on these august boards. Or these july boards for that matter (sorry-I have this thing for bad puns-consider yourselves warned).

I've done most of my diving in Lake Huron, primarily the Tobermory-Georgian bay area and have had some great dives on the wrecks there, as well as a couple of good small ones on Manitoulin Island (where I go for summer vacation).

I've taken a refresher course this summer, and later plan to get my Deep Diver and Technical Diver certifications (I'm PADI Avanced Open Water as of now) and hit the Isle Royale wrecks in good time. I camped on the Isle this summer when my cousin and I drove around Superior (see Silver Islet, if nothing else! Wow!) and, having read extensively on the subject, have set those wrecks (the Congden and-eventually-Kamloops) as eventual goals-after all, why not be ambitious?).

I'm also a Great Lakes history buff and am interested in some of the "lost" wrecks from the Storm of 1913. Anyone who wishes to share their experiences? I look forward to hearing from you!

Hello there,
Welcome to Scuba Board - the greatest online place, the fastest growing, and the nicest! You can meet a lot of helpful people here and it’s an awesome place to get answers about scuba diving. If you ever want to chat feel free to PM me. Take care and safe diving from Matt. :thumb:

Click here to greet a new member!
:happywave
No experience needed and it feels great!

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Howdy!

And welcome to SB - the biggest, the best, the fastest growing, and :D the friendliest!

Completing your Profile with location will help in future diving discussions. You can use the Quick Links menu above for this. Sizing a photo for your profile or Avatar can be a challenge; I'm a fumbling amateur, but I get the job done, if you'd like any help?

PM me if I can help you learn your way around; that is - click my username to the upper left, then follow the prompts to send me a "Personal Message."

I'm just leaving Houston this morning, where I've been for the DEMA Scuba trade show and a SB Bar-B-Q dinner! Both were awesome! :thumb:

don :snorkel:

Welcome to ScubaBoard! :happywave

...and welcome back to diving!

Don't forget to fill out your profile and dive info, so that we can add context to your future posts. Also, once we know where you are geographically from your profile, you may find that you'll have a whole bunch of new dive buddies to choose from locally.

Dive safe!

Christian

P.S. Due to the high volume of new posts in the Introductions and Greets forum, it's not always possible to keep up with all the new posts here. So, please help me out and send me a PM if you post anything you want me to read or repsond to in this forum.
:palmtree: :sunny

Back
Top Bottom