new to forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

John Fox

Reaction score
I am new to the group. I began diving in 1962, was inactive for many years and resumed diving last summer. I enjoy collecting and diving vinatge gear, but use modern, mostly tech, gear for my usual activities. John

Welcome to the Board.

Started 1969 you know well about vintage dive gear. I have a double hose regulator hang on the wall of the den.

Being from Kansas always looking for somewhere in the area to dive. Where in S. Dakota do you dive? Check out Midwest Muck Divers in the Club section - good info there on some the local (7 states) dive sites.

Becky

:369: Hi there John, my name is Matt. Welcome to the Board! You should enjoy it here, you will find lots of information about diving. You can also meet many nice people too. Have a fun time here. :auto:

Click here to greet a new member!
:happywave
No experience needed and it feels great!

Welcome to the board John!
You'll find pleanty to keep you thinking about SCUBA here.
There's even a vintage SCUBA forum, but you've probably already discovered that.
Enjoy! Hope to see you often weaving through the threads.

Now for my stock message, which is still under construction:
This is a great place to meet people, talk about diving, and get information on just about any aspect of diving -or other subjects sometimes- that you can think of. Roaming through the forums is great help for me.
When you post a question, be as sure as you can that it's in the right forum or you'll probably find it moved.
The folks here are passionate about their diving, some about their specialty, so the reading can get very interesting, sometimes very hot.
Don't forget, if you haven't already done it, to fill out you profile as completely as reasonable, it'll save you being asked and having to repeat the information often.
Enjoy!

Tom

Hi there and welcome to ScubaBoard! :dazzler1:

Howdy!

And welcome to SB - the biggest, the best, the fastest growing, and :D the friendliest!
If you'll simply click ScubaBoard.com above, you'll be taken to our long list of forums, a wealth of information and resources. My favorite is at the bottom: Singles Dive Club.

Completing your Dive Info will help in future diving discussions. You can use the Quick Links menu above for this. Sizing a photo for your profile or Avatar can be a challenge; I'm a fumbling amateur, but I get the job done, if you'd like any help?

PM me if I can help you learn your way around; that is - click my username to the upper left, then follow the prompts to send me a "Personal Message." :thumb:

:cowboy: don

nauifins73:
Welcome to the Board.

Started 1969 you know well about vintage dive gear. I have a double hose regulator hang on the wall of the den.

Being from Kansas always looking for somewhere in the area to dive. Where in S. Dakota do you dive? Check out Midwest Muck Divers in the Club section - good info there on some the local (7 states) dive sites.

Becky
There is a lake near Rapid City that is the main spot for folks in the western/Black hills area. Several of us keep our boats there and dive weekends. The Eastern part of the state has rivers that are the main spots. Last weekend I went to Minneapolis for some training and dived Lake Wazee and Square Lake. There is a lot(i.e. heavy) of Vintage activity there. Will check out the sites you suggested. Thanks! John

nauifins73:
Welcome to the Board.

Becky
BTW, get that double hose off the wall and hang it around your neck and dive with it!! I just got several rebuilt that look and work like new. No matter the manufacturers dont support them, there are a lot of parts around and several guys are making parts. Just about any USD or Voit can be made to go. I also have several early Calypsos(first model) that I recently had rebuilt. Parts exist. John

John Fox:
BTW, get that double hose off the wall and hang it around your neck and dive with it!! I just got several rebuilt that look and work like new. No matter the manufacturers dont support them, there are a lot of parts around and several guys are making parts. Just about any USD or Voit can be made to go. I also have several early Calypsos(first model) that I recently had rebuilt. Parts exist. John
Interesting, John - but why woudl one want to dive with Sea Hunt regs when they own much better gear...? :11:

Yeah, you're gonna' have fun on SB forums. Always good to see someone radical come in. :lol2:

:cowboy2:

I will look into taking it down - the only problem is that at 60 feet it "locks up" - no air through it. I should have someone look at it. I looked and looked and finally found the vintage group. It is in the General Scuba Equiptment Discussion - Sea Hunt Era. Do you belong to the US Historical Diving Society? They have some great articles in their magazine.

Becky

Back
Top Bottom