Greetings from Phoenix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Roz In Phx

Registered
Reaction score
I been lurking on this board for a few months and figured it was time I actually participated.

My first scuba dive was a resort dive in Hawaii about 28 years ago. I had a great time but at the time was a single parent and just couldn't afford to pursue the sport.

About 5 years later, I took my son on a vacation to St Croix where we planned on snorkling and golfing. He went down to the store to pick up a few supplies and returned to tell me that we were signed up for some scuba diving. We did about 8 resort dives on that trip. We both had a great time but other things in life got in the way of more diving.

Finally, in November of 2001, the sun, moon and planets were all in alignment and I signed up for scuba lessons and did my certification dives a week later in San Carlos, Mexico. (Husband was supportive but had no desire to dive.)

I really got hooked on this diving thing (San Carlos, Channel Islands & Cozumel) and by July 2002 had my 100th dive.

Since then I have completed my Advanced Open Water, Stress & Rescue and DiveCon certifications. Husband has since gotten certified but only dives about once a year and only warm water, so I dive quite a bit on my own.

After reading all the great postings about fantastic dive locations on this board, I have booked my next dive trip for Dec 4-11 at CocoView. I think it will be the perfect location for my 250th dive!

Thanks to all the board members for all the great info and I look forward to contributing, not just lurking!

Roz In Phx

Welcome to the board.
The Stress & Rescue class sounds like a hard one. Stress seems like a part of all the classes. Is there not any local diving in AZ. The water may get too hot to dive. I understand people burst in to flame at noon there just standing still.
Enjoy your dives.

WELCOME to ScubaBoard!!!
Also, congratulations on your impending third anniversary.
I hope I get as many dives in three years as you have!!
My plan is of course to do that many a year, but reality has
a habit of interfering.
Hope to see you often in the threads.

Tom

:mostlysun Hello there Roz In Phx, my name is Matt and I wanted to welcome you to the community. I think it’s the best board on the internet for divers. The people on here make it a really friendly place. It’s a great place to see what’s going on with divers. Just wanted to make you feel welcome! If you’d like to chat, please PM me.
Take care. :butnhome:

Click here to greet a new member!
:happywave
No experience needed and it feels great!

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Howdy!

And welcome to SB - the biggest, the best, the fastest growing, and :D the friendliest!
If you'll simply click ScubaBoard.com above, you'll be taken to our long list of forums, a wealth of information and resources. My favorite is at the bottom: Singles Dive Club.

PM me if I can help you learn your way around; that is - click my username to the upper left, then follow the prompts to send me a "Personal Message." :thumb:

:cowboy: don

Hi there and welcome to ScubaBoard! :dazzler1:

amport:
The Stress & Rescue class sounds like a hard one. Stress seems like a part of all the classes. Is there not any local diving in AZ. The water may get too hot to dive. I understand people burst in to flame at noon there just standing still.

It's funny that you mention both stress & local diving. Our diving here is in man-made lakes that still have trees and cactus on the bottom. Now add all the lost fishing line & lures and that for me adds up to STRESSful diving. But it does sharpen ones diving skills to run a search pattern in zero vis.

At noon we are just smoldering. We don't burst into flames until 2 pm. :eyebrow:

Roz In Phx

Roz In Phx:
It's funny that you mention both stress & local diving. Our diving here is in man-made lakes that still have trees and cactus on the bottom. Now add all the lost fishing line & lures and that for me adds up to STRESSful diving. But it does sharpen ones diving skills to run a search pattern in zero vis.

At noon we are just smoldering. We don't burst into flames until 2 pm. :eyebrow:

Roz In Phx
Hi Roz,

Welcome,

Are you a member of our AZScuba group? If not and you have any questions PM me here. Or checkout our Yahoo Group azscuba.
http://www.scubaboard.com/f292-arizona-scuba.html

It makes me LOL when people assume the water's warm here. Wish it was...

Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom