Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello All:
Nothing fancy, been diving since 1953, I was one of the very early qualified divers by the Los angeles County.
At Lockheed I hired Jock and his late son Phillipe to do the Red sea story,was the only Photographer allowed on the glomar explorer for her jaunt out in the pacific.
Now i hookah for pleasure!!

Welcome to the Board! Over fifty years of diving! That's great! We're envious.

WELCOME to ScubaBoard!!!
With your history, I would surely like to see your profile, but that would be way too short, I'd rather see many of your posts and have you telling the stories behind your profile.
Please post often!

Tom

Hello there Gino,

welcome to Scuba Board! :diver:

Click here to greet a new member!
:happywave
No experience needed and it feels great!

Wow, as a newb diver, I can't wait to hear more about your experiences! Welcome to scubaboard. I'm really glad you found us.

Now, go get to posting! I'm sure a LOT of folks want to hear your stories :)

Gregg

Howdy!

And welcome to SB - the biggest, the best, the fastest growing, and :D the friendliest!
If you'll simply click ScubaBoard.com above, you'll be taken to our long list of forums, a wealth of information and resources. My favorite is at the bottom: Singles Dive Club.

I know a diver on Catalina Island who was certified with LA Co, but had too much trouble with operators who were not familiar with their ability to do so. He gave up and got a Padi card, I think - from an instructor buddy.

It would help in future diving discussions if you'd complete your Profile with location - and seperately - your Dive Info. You can use the Quick Links above to reach those easily. Sizing a photo for your profile or Avatar can be a challenge; I'm a fumbling amateur, but I get the job done, if you'd like any help?

PM me if I can help you learn your way around; that is - click my username to the upper left, then follow the prompts to send me a "Personal Message." :thumb:

:cowboy: don

Welcome to ScubaBoard! :happywave

I'm certified L.A. County as well as NAUI. The same guy started those two organizations anyway. I hope to see you actively participate on ScubaBoard.

Don't forget to fill out your profile and dive info, so that we can add context to your future posts. Also, once we know where you are geographically from your profile, you may find that you'll have a whole bunch of new dive buddies to choose from locally.

Dive safe!

Christian

P.S. Due to the high volume of new posts in the Introductions and Greets forum, it's not always possible to keep up with all the new posts here. So, please help me out and send me a PM if you post anything you want me to read or repsond to in this forum.
:palmtree: :sunny

Back
Top Bottom