Greeting and Salutations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

doos

Registered
Reaction score
Hi All,

Just thought I'd drop a quick hello, and a few details about myself. I stumbled across this site a few days ago, and so far have found it to be a wealth of information. Hopefully I can contribute in some way!

I got my OW certification, along with my girlfriend, and another couple (firends of ours) in July of this year. We did our check out dives in Lake Minne****a. For those not from these parts, Minne****a is a mountain lake in the Rocky Mountains...not exactly the warmest of waters, but good training.

Glad to be part of the community!...cheers...

Lots of Canadian divers on the board. Of course its a worldwide board so anytime you need info on a specific topic use the search feature as it probably has been discussed at sometime. Again, welcome.

WELCOME to ScubaBoard!!!
I gotta say it, Dive Right In, this is the place to be.
Check out the Pacific Northwest Orca Bait forum, it seems that I saw divers from as far East as Calgary in there.
Hope to see your posts in the threads often.

Now for my stock message, which is still under construction: I really do have to work on modifying this note!!!
This is a great place to meet people, talk about diving, and get information on just about any aspect of diving -or other subjects sometimes- that you can think of. Roaming through the forums is great help for me.
Now get wet with us and dive into the forums to ask questions, answer those that you can and even chat with folks about diving dreams and nightmares. ScubaBoard is a great place to spend your required Surface Intervals.
When you post a question, be as sure as you can that it's in the right forum or you'll probably find it moved.
The folks here are passionate about their diving, some about their specialty, so the reading can get very interesting, sometimes very hot.
Don't forget, if you haven't already done it, to fill out you profile as completely as reasonable, it'll save you being asked and having to repeat the information often.
Enjoy!

Tom

Hehe! Wow your first post was censored! I hope you decide to stick with us anyway!

Welcome to scubaboard. This place is a hoot and I'm sure you'll learn a ton. I'm a newbie, and this site has been just great. See you on the boards!

Gregg

doos:
I guess the language filters are in full effect! The name of the lake is Minne w a n k a.
I thought you were talking about Lake Minnefreezeyourbuttoff?

Anyway - Howdy!

And welcome to SB - the biggest, the best, the fastest growing, and :D the friendliest!
If you'll simply click ScubaBoard.com above, you'll be taken to our long list of forums, a wealth of information and resources. My favorite is at the bottom: Singles Dive Club.

PM me if I can help you learn your way around; that is - click my username to the upper left, then follow the prompts to send me a "Personal Message." :thumb:

:cowboy: don

doos:
I got my OW certification, along with my girlfriend, and another couple (firends of ours) in July of this year. We did our check out dives in Lake Minne****a. For those not from these parts, Minne****a is a mountain lake in the Rocky Mountains...not exactly the warmest of waters, but good training.

My BIL who lives in Canmore tells me that Minnewatsis (haha... take THAT filters!:wink:) is very brisk. Apparently, he helped set up part of the buoy sistem there.

I've seen it. It looks bloody cold. It's not glacier fed like Lake Louise, is it?

DSDO, eh?!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom