Coast Guard diver from Boston

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CGdiver

Reaction score
Hello I guess the norm is to introduce myself. I'm Ron Cooper I graduated from Navy Dive School quite some time ago. I am currently the dive team supervisor on an Anti terrorism team home based in Boston MA. Although I've logged a few dives’ most are PS dives under extreme circumstances with little to no vis. Since I am a military diver I haven’t had the need or chance to get a PATI or NAUI cert. If there are any dive shops in the Boston area that would be willing to help me out with this I would appreciate it.

welcome to scubaboad, :crafty: :crafty:
i'm in newton. i got my referral from massdiving in natick, its a like 20 min both ways for me, but depending on where you are in boston it might be like 30 min. Mass Diving

Thanks for keepin the harbor a safer place, i shutter to think what would happern if someone blew up one of those LNG tankers :11:

Hi Ron and welcome to Scubaboard! I for one appreciate the job you're doing! Thanks!

:wavey: Welcome to the Board!

Welcome to the board!

If you were a bit closer I'd help you out!

Joe

Welcome...I thought Coast Guard had shut down their dive team? Group Charleston called us to dive for that Coastie that drowned off River Street in Savannah a couple of weeks ago.

Howdy!

And welcome to SB - the biggest, the best, the fastest growing, and :D the friendliest!
If you'll click ScubaBoard.com above, you'll be taken to our long list of forums, a wealth of information and resources. At the bottom, be sure to notice the Local & Singles Dive Club forums.

Be sure to check out your local dive club forum. But since you have you Navy cert, do you need a civilian cert?

PM me if I can help you learn your way around; that is - click my username to the upper left, then follow the prompts to send me a "Personal Message." :thumb:

:cowboy: don

CGdiver:
I'm Ron Cooper. I graduated from Navy Dive School quite some time ago. I am currently the dive team supervisor on an Anti terrorism team home based in Boston MA. Although I've logged a few dives’ most are PS dives under extreme circumstances with little to no vis.

Hello, Ron,

Welcome aboard! There are a lot of good people on this board, a lot of good contacts to be made, and some extremely surprising resources in research and dive medicine, in particular.

I know what you mean about the no to low viz deal. As a police offficer and public safety diving instructor trainer, I think it's natural to go diving and see "brown" or "black". :wink:

We have an active public safety diving group on this board, with members from all over. Feel free to jump in.

Glad to know you are out there protecting the public. It is a difficult job. We are grateful you are there!

Rob Davie
IANTD PSD I.T.
DMT

I'm not up to speed on the coastie that was missing down in savnnah, but thanks to all that was involved in the search. The coast guard pre 9/11 had very few divers I'm not sure the number but I would say less than 20 active divers. There main job was to work on bouys and other aids to navigation. Those divers are in guam and Hawaii. Since 9/11 after the CG went to homeland security they stood up specailty teams geard towards protecting harbors ond coast line from terrorist activity. There are currently 10 or so of these teams most have dive teams with any where from 4 to 8 divers on each team, all geard towards pubic safty diving. I know there is a team in St. Marrys Ga. with divers but I'm not sure of their deployment status. Feel free to ask any questions. I'll do my best to get out the right info.

Back
Top Bottom