LA County Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Serenity

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hello divers! I've been diving for over four years, most of it in cold So Cal waters.

I was filling out the "dive info" in my profile and noticed that Los Angeles County was not listed under "certification agencies". Did you all know that LA County was the first recreational scuba certification agency in the US? Maybe the world?

Check out www.divinghistory.com for more info if you'd like, as well as www.lascuba.com.

Looking forward to chatting with you all on the boards...

Serenity

http://www.divinghistory.com

http://www.lascuba.com

Hello Serenity and welcome to the board... Great people, great chats, and great info.

Thanks for the links.. I especially liked the pic of Lloyd Bridges from Sea Hunt in the hall of fame in the diving history link. (he was my hero... lol ) wow has equipment changed over the years.

Hope to chat with you sometime on the board.

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Welcome to the board Serenity. I did not know LA county was the first agency, but welcome to the board anyways. I hope we all can help you when you need it. Just ask.

Welcome to ScubaBoard! :happywave

Hey, we're neighbors! I'm in Altadena.

I'm also certified LA County and think it should be added to the agency list.

Be sure to join us in the SoCal section of the California Kelp Divers forum. We're in the midst of planning our monthly SoCal Wrinkles Dive and it would be great to have you join us.

Dive safe!

Christian

:sunny Hi there Serenity! Welcome to Scuba Board! My name is Matt. I’ve met a lot of nice divers and many helpful divers here. I look forward to reading more of your posts about your diving adventures. If you’d like to chat, please PM me.

Take care and safe diving. Matt. :chicken:

Click here to greet a new member!
:happywave
No experience needed and it feels great!

WELCOME to ScubaBoard!!!
I'm surprised, I thought it was listed as a training agency.

Tom

Howdy!

And welcome to SB - the biggest, the best, the fastest growing, and :D the friendliest!
If you'll click ScubaBoard.com above, you'll be taken to our long list of forums, a wealth of information and resources. At the bottom, be sure to notice the Local & Singles Dive Club forums.

PM me if I can help you learn your way around; that is - click my username to the upper left, then follow the prompts to send me a "Personal Message." :thumb:

:cowboy: don

Back
Top Bottom