Hello NE Ohio Shipwreckers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

undRH2OdivR

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am new to diving and I am really looking forward to doing a lot of wreck diving in Lake Erie. The water temp is a little cold right now so I have to pass the time by doing some research on the different wrecks of Eastern Lake Erie. So far in my searching I have found 6 wrecks that will be bouyed in the spring of 2005. I am looking into diving on a wreck called the John B. Lyon,which sank on Sept. 11, 1900, which is located approx. 4 miles north of Conneaut Harbor. I would like anyone having done any diving in this area or knows anything about this wreck to please contact me. I am always looking for interested dive buddies, that have the same interests as myself.
Talk at you later
Eric ;-)

Welcome to the Boards!!!

There are a lot of cool wrecks in Lake Erie!!
Once you get more experience and some technical Training The deeper wrecks are even cooler!!!

Here is a link to one of the best Charter operators on Lake Erie. On the left side of the page click on Lake Erie Shipwrecks. This is just a sample of whats out there!!!

The shop I work with has several trips booked with them for this coming year. Maybe we'll see you out there!!!

Howdy!

And welcome to SB - the biggest, the best, the fastest growing, and :D the friendliest!
If you'll click ScubaBoard.com above, you'll be taken to our long list of forums, a wealth of information and resources. At the bottom, be sure to notice the Local & Singles Dive Club forums.

PM me if I can help you learn your way around; that is - click my username to the upper left, then follow the prompts to send me a "Personal Message." :thumb:

:cowboy: don

Thanks to all of youns for the great response! Great looking site Rick & Deb I'll check it out somemore. Yes maybe in the spring our bubbles will cross. I'll also be looking for a good charter service that will not rake me and a buddy over the coals. What might it cost to get in on one of your charters if it is allowed.
Thanks Again
Eric

Hi There Eric,
Welcome to Scuba Board –One of the most informative and dedicated boards on the net. You can meet a lot of helpful people here and it’s an awesome place to get answers to your questions regarding scuba diving. If you ever want to chat feel free to PM me. Take care and safe diving

-Matt- :palmtree::sunny

Click here to greet a new member!
:happywave
No experience needed and it feels great!

While I don't have an official GREETER post, I can tell you that there are more diving treats than most can get to in Lake Erie in a season.

Whether you take a trip out with Jim Herbert and Osprey Charters or use a local charter in Cleveland, there is plenty to see.

Welcome to the board and let us know how your season progresses.

Chris
COVCI

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom