Hey from Alabama

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Luv2dive

Reaction score
Hey ya'll, I'm a new diver, got my Open Water Cert. in Sept. and only have been diving twice since then. I was certified in the quarry and I am looking forward to going to Cozumel this summer and diving in visibility greater than 15 feet! I'm wondering about the currents in Cozumel, Where's the best dive for a beginner?

Glad to have you aboard. Welcome to the board and I hope you enjoy it as much as we all do.

Chad

In Cozumel I'd recommend you get with a reputable dive operator - they're used to first timers and will take real good care of you. Paradise Divers has always been consistently good for me; I've used other, smaller operators who were excellent also, but I think Paradise is a pretty safe bet all the time.
Rick

Hi lov2dive:

Welcome to the board from the cold waters of New England USA
Have fun, Dive Safe…………………..Arduous

Hi there and salutations. Though, I can't offer you advice for Coz (yet)

If you can't get answers to your questions here it's because there are no answers! You've found a really friendly, helpful group of people who won't steer you wrong!

Enjoy Cozumel, I am SOOOOO jealous!
Ber :bunny:

HI! I just finished my OW cert last month and am going diving this weekend for "real" for the first time!! I understand that there are some cool dive sites in your neck of the woods, so if you are ever looking for a buddy, let me know :)

Shanna

welcome to the board luv2dive.
what hotel u r staying at in Coz may determine where it will be best for you to dive.
one place that is a sure thing is go to La Ceiba hotel (even if you aren't staying there) you can walk right through it to the pool and the beach and there will be a small dive shop there called del mar aquatics. *On the way there don't stop where it says Del mar Aquatics on the road, that is the big shop , u don't want that one right now. Just go to the La ceiba hotel. There is the smaller shop they will rent you a tank for $5 bucks make sure you have your C card. You gear up right there and go in. You will see the snorklers. It is a great check out dive to test your weighting with lots to see. 25 to 40 feet. When you head out follow the yellow float barrier and stay to the right and you will be treated to a sunken plane at 35 feet. Have fun in the land of Coz and have a Cervezia for me. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom