Greetings from Minnesota!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajo!

New
Reaction score
Hello!!! It is a balmy 7 degrees today and we are expecting 16" of new snow!!! I'm looking forward to a trip to Playa del Carmen at the end of February and am so looking forward to getting back in the water. I had a baby a year ago and, as you all know, being pregnant halts the diving activities!! However, my very first vacation ever was to Cozumel and I absolutely loved it. I wasn't a scuba diver then and actually had just started feeling comfortable in the water with a snorkel. This trip is going to be fabulous and I'm so excited about it. I'm curious about what I might see at this time of year and if anyone has had any experiences with Dressel Divers. Our last trip was to Jamaica (2 years ago) and all the diving was included. THAT was a trip to remember.

Welcome to SB Jo,
I have only been in Cozumel once for diving, it was great. There is a Cozmel forum here at SB where I'm sure you can gets lots of info on what to expect for Coz in Feb.
David

Hi There Jo,
Welcome to Scuba Board –One of the most informative and dedicated boards on the net. You can meet a lot of helpful people here and it’s an awesome place to get answers to your questions regarding scuba diving. If you ever want to chat feel free to PM me. I live in Woodbury, MN. Take care and safe diving

-Matt- :palmtree::sunny

Click here to greet a new member!
:happywave
No experience needed and it feels great!

Welcome to the board. You planning on doing any diving in the many Minnesota lakes? I go fishing in Lake Winnnibigoshish and one day plan to dive there. I'm not too sure how the visibility will be but i figure it will be good to get wet. Again, welcome to the board it's a great place with a ton of cool info.

Welcome to the board!

I have to drive up to MN here soon to pick up a horse trailer and every time I check the weather forecast I keep putting the trip off another week. Sheesh I don't know how you guys deal with those temps... brrrr....

Enjoy your stay!

Kimber

Howdy!

And welcome to SB - the biggest, the best, the fastest growing, and :D the friendliest!
If you'll click ScubaBoard.com above, you'll be taken to our long list of forums, a wealth of information and resources. At the bottom, be sure to notice the Local & Singles Dive Club forums.

PM me if I can help you learn your way around; that is - click my username to the upper left, then follow the prompts to send me a "Personal Message." :thumb:

:cowboy: don

CROCETTI:
Welcome to the board. You planning on doing any diving in the many Minnesota lakes? I go fishing in Lake Winnnibigoshish and one day plan to dive there. I'm not too sure how the visibility will be but i figure it will be good to get wet. Again, welcome to the board it's a great place with a ton of cool info.
I've been in Lake Superior several times - dove the Madeira which is a 436 barge http://www.mnhs.org/places/nationalregister/shipwrecks/madeira/madeira.html. The first time we dove the Madeira the visibility was 100+ ft and the water temp was 47 degrees and it was an awesome experience. Well, except for the fact that we had to lug in our gear 3+ blocks in July and then attempt to get into the wet suits - hot business. The second time we dove it, which was a year later and the same time of year, we couldn't see our hands in front of our faces and the water temp was 44. I learned a lot on that second dive and, most importantly, the value of a good-fitting wet suit :) I had lost 35+ pounds and was diving in the wet suit that fit me prior to the weight loss. Needless to say, it was a very SCARY learning experience. I felt very lucky to have made it out alive. That's the thing about Lake Superior. . . she may seem calm and welcoming; however, it changes rather quickly and sometimes drastically. I've enjoyed diving in Brainerd, MN, at the old mine pits. As much as I enjoy getting wet, it is the tropical destinations that attracks me the most. I've only been on about 25-30 dives, so I'm very new at the sport of scuba. I look forward to increasing my skill level and experiencing more of the underwater world.

Back
Top Bottom