Looking for NJ Dive Buddies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

evangunst

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, all. I am 33 yr. old and relatively new to diving, having just completed my OW certification in Aug, '04 and AOW/dry suit cert. in Oct, '04. Since October, I have not had the opportunity to do any diving (it is a tad bit chilly outside). I missed an opportunity on Thanksgiving in Florida due to choppy seas. I did do a few boat dives after my OW cert. in North Carolina - a wreck called the Sherman. It was fantastic! Other than that, I've done most diving in Dutch Springs in Bethlehem, PA.

Anyway, come April and May, I want to get back into the swing of things and refresh my dive skills before doing some Jersey shore diving or some sort of dive vacation. My wife doesn't dive so I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who may be in the same sort of situation in the NJ/PA area that would want to go to Dutch Springs or some place like that to refresh skills. So, any new NJ/PA divers out there?

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Hi There evangunst,
Welcome to Scuba Board –One of the most informative and dedicated boards on the net. You can meet a lot of helpful people here and it’s an awesome place to get answers to your questions regarding scuba diving. If you ever want to chat feel free to PM me. Take care and safe diving

-Matt- :palmtree::sunny

Click here to greet a new member!
:happywave
No experience needed and it feels great!

Howdy!

And welcome to SB - the biggest, the best, the fastest growing, and :D the friendliest!
If you'll click ScubaBoard.com above, you'll be taken to our long list of forums, a wealth of information and resources. At the bottom, be sure to notice the Local & Singles Dive Club forums.

PM me if I can help you learn your way around; that is - click my username to the upper left, then follow the prompts to send me a "Personal Message." :thumb:

:cowboy: don

Hi Eddie,

Welcome to the 'Board. Although I can't help you with a dive buddy, perhaps you should check out the Wreck Valley group in the Clubs section. You should find some kindred spirits there (unless my U.S. geography knowledge is up the pole!).

Cheers,

Andrew

Hey Eddie,

I'm always looking for a new dive buddy. Next time your down in Jersey, and ready to try some boat dives let me know. Plus my my LDS is running a trip to North Carolina in July if your interested, I'm already signed up.

Welcome evan. I am an instructor who uses Dutch regularly. We usually camp fri and sat nights so have plenty of time when we are done with the students to do some fun dives. We also have an instructor who runs trips to jersey almost every weekend. He offers instruction and will take you on your first jersey dive if thats what you want or need. If you want to hook-up with us let me know (pm me). We will be starting up again as soon as its a little warmer. (we are diving it now but dam its cold!!)

Thanks Tanked for the interest. I defiantely want to try some Jersey boat dives this summer. I don't know about North Carolina this year. I liive in North Jersey in the Paramus area. Float me an e-mail when you are intested in maybe diving the Jersey shore. evangunst@optonline.net.

Ed

Tanked2.0:
Hey Eddie,

I'm always looking for a new dive buddy. Next time your down in Jersey, and ready to try some boat dives let me know. Plus my my LDS is running a trip to North Carolina in July if your interested, I'm already signed up.

Thaks for getting back to me. Yes, definately interested in brushing up the skills in Dutch and making that 1st Jersey dive. Maybe I could do a few dives with you guys at Dutch. I'd be intersted in learning more about the Jersey dive opportunity. Reply and let me know when you are getting things going this year - evangunst@optonline.net. I am OW, AOW, and dry suit certified but I still feel really new to this, given that I did this all within 4 months and haven't dived since late October (as you said, the water is a tad bit chilly!).

Ed

wscdive:
Welcome evan. I am an instructor who uses Dutch regularly. We usually camp fri and sat nights so have plenty of time when we are done with the students to do some fun dives. We also have an instructor who runs trips to jersey almost every weekend. He offers instruction and will take you on your first jersey dive if thats what you want or need. If you want to hook-up with us let me know (pm me). We will be starting up again as soon as its a little warmer. (we are diving it now but dam its cold!!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom