sorting it out...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nardulli

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello to All,
Turned 45 last week - deceided to have a mid life crisis. Checked bank balance and discovered that the Ferrari was not going to happen. Have done 3 "resort dives", aka, kill the tourist roulette, and loved it. Sooooo... out I went, loaded up on equipment, signed up for class, and now I'm trying to sort out this SCUBA thing. You know, what's the buzz, what are the issues... where are the best places to go and combine some nice travel with the things I need now, such as my open water cert dives, and so on. Good to have found this forum. Thanks.
Jim

Howdy!

And welcome to SB - the biggest, the best, the fastest growing, and :D the friendliest!
If you'll click ScubaBoard.com above, you'll be taken to our long list of forums, a wealth of information and resources. At the bottom, be sure to notice the Local & Singles Dive Club forums.

PM me if I can help you learn your way around; that is - click my username to the upper left, then follow the prompts to send me a "Personal Message." :thumb:

:cowboy: don

Hi Jim,

Welcome to the 'Board, welcome to diving (and welcome to your mid-life crisis :) ). MY Dad also took up diving at about the same age as you after I got him interested. He is so hooked that it scares me sometimes! You are in for the time of your life.

Speak to you soon.

Cheers,

Andrew

PS: Who needs a Ferrari, anyway?

Nardulli:
Hello to All,
Turned 45 last week - deceided to have a mid life crisis. Checked bank balance and discovered that the Ferrari was not going to happen. Have done 3 "resort dives", aka, kill the tourist roulette, and loved it. Sooooo... out I went, loaded up on equipment, signed up for class, and now I'm trying to sort out this SCUBA thing. You know, what's the buzz, what are the issues... where are the best places to go and combine some nice travel with the things I need now, such as my open water cert dives, and so on. Good to have found this forum. Thanks.
Jim

Welcome to the board. Who are you doing your OW with?

James

Nardulli:
Going to Playa / Cozumel in March... think warm!

Jim

You should save your vacaction time and do the confined water portion here, then do the open water dives in Coz...

James

Aloha Jim!

Welcome to the ScubaBoard. You're gonna love diving!
I second James suggestion, get the paperwork out of the way at home and have more time and fun on your vacation!

Aloha,
Lisa

Nardulli:
Hello to All,
Turned 45 last week - deceided to have a mid life crisis.

Nardulli:
Going to Playa / Cozumel in March... think warm!

Jim

Hi Jim!
I, myself, am diving my way through mid life - but no crisis for me! Whoo-hoo! What a ride!
I'm headed to Coz the first week of May. Went to Monterey, CA last month, Kona last year, Puerto Vallarta before that, Monterey... and got in over a hundred local dives just last year. Be careful. If you're anything like me, you'll wake up from this dream and suddenly be ninety. (Hey sonny! Hep me here with dis fin, would ya?).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom