Best diving in Southeast Asia?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ella

New
Reaction score
Hi everyone, was just wondering if maybe you would be able to give me some advice? I'm flying out to Vietnam next week to meet my dad and want to take him away for a week so that he can do his PADI (I did mine in november in the red sea). I want to take him somewhere with amazing coral and fish so that he will become a diving convert (he's a bit unsure about it at the moment, but know if we went somewhere amazing he'd be blown away by it). We can fly anywhere within southeast asia- I'd be happy to travel further if it meant ending up somewhere amazing. We wouldn't want to go anywhere too touristy (I've done parts of Thailand and found it a bit too packed with westerners). We prob wouldn't want to spend a week on a boat, more likely stay somewhere (pref somewhere beautiful on land also) and go out on a boat each day. Going back to the same spot would be ok too as he'll be doing a PADI and I'm a beginner really, so we wouldn't need to be somewhere with lots of different dive spots, just one amazing one really.

So, if anyone has any ideas I'd be most appreciative!! Ella

Hey there Ella, welcome to Scuba Board! and safe diving :butnhome:

Click here to greet a new member!
:happywave
No experience needed and it feels great!

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Howdy!

And welcome to SB - the biggest, the best, the fastest growing, and :D the friendliest!
If you'll click ScubaBoard.com above, you'll be taken to our long list of forums, a wealth of information and resources. At the bottom, be sure to notice the Local & Singles Dive Club forums.

PM me if I can help you learn your way around; that is - click my username to the upper left, then follow the prompts to send me a "Personal Message." :thumb:

:cowboy: don

Hi Ella, welcome to the board. I know that you said Thailand was a bit touristy for you but at the moment Phuket is probably worth considering as the tourist numbers are really low at the moment because of the tsunami. There are also some very nice liveaboards that operate from there so the option to do a trip would also be available.

hi ella...i`d say for where you will be,the best place i know (and have experienced) would be SABAH ..really easy to fly into KOTA KINABALU the capital...great place,not touristy,easy diving for beginers..and they speak good english..if you go,take some time out to explore,and head for the urang utan centres,and turtle breeding grounds at Sepiloc...enjoy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom