New from China and need advices for Red Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubagal82

Reaction score
Hello divers, :10: i am glad to find this place, not many divers in China and would really love to make more diver friends here. :10:
I am thinking going to the Red sea, any advices? :06:

Welcome to the board. As Laurens wrote - in the Africa/Middle East section there is a lot of info about Red Sea. And if you are going there for the first time you can search for the thread I once wrote "Tips for all going to Egypt"
Mania

Welcome to ScubaBoard, ScubaGal82. One of my recent dive buddies was a Chinese woman from Shanghai who currently lives in Tokyo.

I know one can dive on Hainan Island in China and plan to visit a friend there to give it a try. Noticed that you dove Shenzhen. What is the diving like there? Are there other locations in China where diving is possible? I know PADI now has an agreement with the Chinese government to develop the sport there.

Hope you get a chance to dive the Red Sea!

Dr. Bill

By the way... there have been posts on new diving regulations to take effect in the Red Sea in April of this year I believe. Check out this thread:

http://www.scubaboard.com/t86468-.html

Dr. Bill

Hi Scubagal,
Welcome to SB, good luck on going diving in the Red Sea, I hear it is nice.
David

Hi There scubagal82,
Welcome to Scuba Board –One of the most informative and dedicated boards on the net. You can meet a lot of helpful people here and it’s an awesome place to get answers to your questions regarding scuba diving. If you ever want to chat feel free to PM me. Take care and safe diving

-Matt- :palmtree::sunny

Click here to greet a new member!
:happywave
No experience needed and it feels great!

Howdy!

And welcome to SB - the biggest, the best, the fastest growing, and :D the friendliest!
If you'll click ScubaBoard.com above, you'll be taken to our long list of forums, a wealth of information and resources. At the bottom, be sure to notice the Local & Singles Dive Club forums.

PM me if I can help you learn your way around; that is - click my username to the upper left, then follow the prompts to send me a "Personal Message." :thumb:

:cowboy: don

Thanks everyone for the warmest welcome i have ever had on internet forums =)

Dr.Bill, Hainan is the most popular diving place in China, i have never been but heard it is not so nice there. Damaged corals, few fishes and bad management. That's what i heard, i cant really judge that.

Some divers have gone to Dongsha and Xisha Island in the Southern China sea, it's a kinda new spot and not easy to go there since no operator is really doing the business in those areas, but we can always rent a fish boat or sth and go there, which is quite a lot of hassel.

Besides shenzhe, Zhuhai is nice for diving, probably better than Shenzhen, Hongkong also has some diving spots. Generally, i prefer going out to dive and do some travellin for 2 weeks or more.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom