Newbie here- are there any GLBT divers/groups/clubs out there?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FastDen

Registered
Reaction score
Hi y'all-
Just wondering: are there any GLBT divers/groups/clubs out there? Not that being GLBT in diving matters (nor should it- and in my experience divers in general are pretty open, laid-back and accepting folks, which is a big reason why I love it so much), but I never seem to meet any other GLBT folks when I'm diving! I can't be the only one! :) I generally travel solo, since none of my friends or family are divers, and I've come to enjoy the freedom and flexibility traveling solo allows, and I love meeting new friends. Yet more often than not, dive boats seem to always be made up of (straight) couples or friends traveling and diving together, with the occassional solo like myself. And more often than not, during the boat ride to the dive site (I do most of my diving in Cozumel) the conversation naturally covers the usual topics: the diving (naturally!) and then the "getting to know you" stuff- where are you from, what do you do, etc. etc. And almost invariably, I also get the questions about why are you traveling/diving alone, where is (or do you have) a wife/girlfriend//kids/family, etc. etc., always asked with the best intentions. And I always reply honestly, and it's never been an issue with my fellow divers either, which is as it should be and which gives me hope for the non-diving "real world". Yet I'd be less than honest if I didn't admit that sometimes I end up feeling a little more "alone" than I would otherwise. So I'd love to hear from y'all out there- am I the only one?!?!

PS: I just found this board yesterday, signed up, posted my first thread/question, and I'm hooked! This is great! Thanks for your feedback!

welcome to the board FastDen, plenty of good folks in here who don't mind yapping:D

Glad to have you aboard. I hope you enjoy the board as much as I do.

Chad

PS Go Cats.

Welcome to the Scubaboard, FastDen. I'm sure you will find this an informative and friendly site. As Rooster1 said, there are plenty of people here who enjoy sharing their stories and knowledge and we hope you will too.

You're hooked after one post? Oh boy, that didn't take long at all.... Enjoy! :wink:

Hey FastDen --

I'm not sure of your gender... but, I've been organizing groups of women to go diving in Hawaii... and while our trips aren't technically GLBT -- they ARE specifically GLBT Friendly.

Welcome aboard! If you're ever looking for a buddy for warm water diving let me know.

Liz

Have you gone to www.yahoogroups.com? Do a search under scuba and there are several messages baords there for clubs that you may be interested in. But I like having you here with us :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom