Hi all

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jo_j_k

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

A friend recommended these boards because I'd like to find good dive companies in Hawaii. So I figured I'd sign up and see what I can get. I'll post my question here and on the travel board.

I'm a fairly novice diver. I got my PADI cert back in 2001 and then went on two, two-tank dives in Hawaii (on Oahu and Kauai). We (a friend and I) had a good time. My first dive was at the Mahi Shipwreck - 100ft first time out. Wow. The company we went with was Ocean Concepts and they were nice. I was fairly comfortable with them and they took a little extra care of us because it was our first real dive.

On Kauai we went with Fathom Five divers and while I liked them (they told some great stories) they were a little standoffish. Since I was with a friend (who went through training with me) it wasn't a problem. The dives themselves were great.

This summer though, I'll be the only diver in my group and while I will take a quick refresher before I head out there, I'm going to be a bit nervous. I'll be on the Big Island, Maui and Kauai and I'd like to find companies that will watch out for me and offer a little extra TLC.

I have found a couple of companies - if anyone has any specific comments about them I'd appreciate that as well as recommendations on any others.

Big Island: Dive Makai Charters
Maui: Mike Severns Scuba or Ed Robinson's Diving Adventures
Kauai: Bubbles Below

Thanks for reading and any recommendations. I'll search the forums and see what I can come up with as well.

Joann

Welcome to ScubaBoard!!!

Howdy!

And welcome to SB - the biggest, the best, the fastest growing, and :D the friendliest!
If you'll click ScubaBoard.com above, you'll be taken to our long list of forums, a wealth of information and resources. At the bottom, be sure to notice the Local & Singles Dive Club forums.

PM me if I can help you learn your way around; that is - click my username to the upper left, then follow the prompts to send me a "Personal Message." :thumb:

:cowboy: don

Welcome!! Any question you have, you can probably find a post about it in the archives, or just ask away and someone will steer you to an answer.

I have used Dive Makai and really liked them. Very friendly "small town feel" operation.

Hi, my name is Matt. I would like to welcome you to ScubaBoard!

Take care and Safe Diving. :butnhome:

Click here to greet a new member!
:happywave
No experience needed and it feels great!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom