Sail and dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello divers

I was first certified in 1970, (I'm 54 now), and have dove off and on up until about 10 years ago. Lately I decided I would like to get back into it again and was interested in a live abord sail and dive trip. I have never done this and think it might be fun. I would be most interested in the Carribean. Anyone have any input??

Northbob

Welcome to the Board, Bob.

I know a couple of people doing a sail and dive this summer, but I think the trip is already booked up. You might want to try Interval International. I'm not sure how they work things if you're not a member, but I just recently learned they have sail and dive packages available. Another option would be to research the different islands and see who has that option available.

Welcome!! Any question you have, you can probably find a post about it in the archives, or just ask away and someone will steer you to an answer.

There's also the option of learning to sail and getting a skipper's cert yourself, then you can just rent a boat with friends while on vacation and go wherever you want. A bit more work at the start, but I've talked to people who've done it and it sounds like a wonderful way to go.

Hi There,
Welcome to Scuba Board –One of the most informative and dedicated boards on the net. You can meet a lot of helpful people here and it’s an awesome place to get answers to your questions regarding scuba diving. If you ever want to chat feel free to PM me. Take care and Safe Diving

-Matt- :palmtree::sunny

Click here to greet a new member!
:happywave
No experience needed and it feels great!

robert,
Are you talking about chartering a yacht and sailing yourself or a crewed livaboard? I can help with the former but have never tried the latter.

Robert Caswell:
Hello divers

I was first certified in 1970, (I'm 54 now), and have dove off and on up until about 10 years ago. Lately I decided I would like to get back into it again and was interested in a live abord sail and dive trip. I have never done this and think it might be fun. I would be most interested in the Carribean. Anyone have any input??

Northbob

Howdy!

And welcome to SB - the biggest, the best, the fastest growing, and :D the friendliest!
If you'll click ScubaBoard.com above, you'll be taken to our long list of forums, a wealth of information and resources. At the bottom, be sure to notice the Local & Singles Dive Club forums.

PM me if I can help you learn your way around; that is - click my username to the upper left, then follow the prompts to send me a "Personal Message." :thumb:

:cowboy: don

Grajan:
robert,
Are you talking about chartering a yacht and sailing yourself or a crewed livaboard? I can help with the former but have never tried the latter.

Thanks for asking

I was refering to the latter ( a crewed liveaboard ). I have already located 2 on line but was wondering what it was like. The boats are not very big and it might be a little rough for an old coot like me. They have personal references on their sites so I will have to check them out carefully.

If I ever do go I will write about my experience on ScubaBoard

Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom