CCR Novice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Zosia, my name is Matt. I would like to welcome you to ScubaBoard!

Take care and Safe Diving. :butnhome:

Click here to greet a new member!
:thumb:
No experience needed and it feels great!

Hi Zosia,
Welcome to ScubaBoard. You'll find an entire forum section here dedicated to rebreathers. Enjoy.

Zosia:
Hi there,
I'm new to CCR diving and loving it apart from suffering from 'chipmunk' cheeks on occasions. Any thoughts?
Zosia

Welcome Zosia!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am also a CCR diver, and I know what you mean about chipmunk cheeks.

With time and practice, you will learn how to manage your diving skills with the CCR and the chipmunk cheeks will mostly go away. It has to do with the relative location of your counter lungs and your lungs. If the counter lungs are deeper in the water colume than your lungs, it will over pressurize your loop.

One of the most important things that I have learned is "minimise your loop volume". If you keep your loop volume to a minimum at all times, it helps alot at keeping your loop from over pressurizing.

Fill out the personal information section of the board so we can learn more about you.

Sincerely,

Curt

Welcome!! Any question you have, you can probably find a post about it in the archives, or just ask away and someone will steer you to an answer.

Howdy!

And welcome to SB - the biggest, the best, the fastest growing, and :D the friendliest!
If you'll click ScubaBoard.com above, you'll be taken to our long list of forums, a wealth of information and resources. At the bottom, be sure to notice the Local & Singles Dive Club forums.

Chipmunck cheeks? That's a new one on me. I'm glad Curt had some infor for you.

PM me if I can help you learn your way around; that is - click my username to the upper left, then follow the prompts to send me a "Personal Message." :thumb:

:cowboy: don

Zosia,

Welcome to the SubaBoard! We have a good complement of re-breather divers here.

Jump on into our "Rebreather Forum", re-introduce yourself, and give us some idea of what unit you dive, where, and how your diving is going.

Curt's answer was spot on, by the way!

Rob Davie

Since Scuba Joe is Bali -

Welcome to the Board!

Becky

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom