Hello from Halifax

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UndrWatrDan:
Bedford, Welcome to the board! Cold water is right, I dove at Lunenburg on the HMCS Saguenay and the water was a chilly 45 degrees.

It hasn't warmed up to 45 degrees yet. We were excited when it got up to 40!

El Orans:
Hello Bedford,

define cold? :06:

Laurens

BTW, welcome (Scub)aBoard! :happywave

Good point. To me, diving dry in August when the water is only 45 degrees seems normal. In fact, ice diving in March seems kind of normal too. I suspect my friends down south would consider that cold.

Coldest I've seen is 33 degrees this April. I stopped diving wet two years ago up here. The warmest we ever see is 50 degrees.

Welcome to the board! I love your city, went up there on the train a couple of years ago and did some Nova Scotia exploring but sadly no diving. I wonder how many people know that Halifax is where many of the Titanic victims are buried?

Good diving to you!
Ber :lilbunny:

Welcome!

Hope you enjoy SCUBA Board, I'm sure you will have an opportunity to learn and share. I have found people to be very helpful. If I can help you feel free to contact me.

All the best,

Paul

Most divers I know miss the joys of diving the St.Lawrenc, much less California's Channel Islands because they won't dive anything below 70F, but I think for waters below 50F - I'd spring for the dry suit. :frosty: 'Course, I am a lot older than Laurens.

Be sure to say hi to your new friends on your local dive club forum here, but following this path thru the SB Matrix: ScubaBoard.Com > Regional Travel & Dive Clubs> North America> Canada> Eastern Canada It looks like maybe the forum could be livened up a bit with your tales? :11:

:cowboy: don

It's kind of fun to show the dive masters my log when I'm down south. When the guys in Cuba see: "night dive, surface conditions 42 degrees and snowing, bottom temp 38 degrees, vis three feet - they scratch their heads in wonder.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom