Brand New Diver in Ottawa, Canada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Robwc_ca

New
Reaction score
Hi!

Found this board a couple of weeks back, but just got around to joining today, after lurking for the last little while. Seems like a great resource for all things scuba.

A bit about myself:
- I live in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- I'm new to diving, and haven't completed my PADI OW yet (finished course and confined water dives, but open water dives are scheduled for the end of this month)
- Started enjoying scuba since I did the half hour in a pool at a resort in Feb 2004
- Looking forward to what I will be able to see and discover underwater

That's about all I have to say for now. See you around!

Rob

Hey there, good luck on your open water dives. I know you'll have fun seeing a wet side of Ottawa many people havent spent the time to see yet.

If you've been around :lurk_2: for a while, you may not need any help, but let me know if you do...?

:cowboy2: don

Hi Rob, welcome to SB and to diving. I think you are really going to like it. Plenty of your fellow Canadians here on the board, maybe you'll hook up with some buddies.
Good luck on your cert.
David

Welcome Rob!

Hope you enjoy SCUBA Board, I'm sure you will have an opportunity to learn and share. I have found people to be very helpful. If I can help you feel free to contact me.

All the best,

Paul

If you're ever looking for a dive buddy in Ottawa, I am always up for something, just need a bit of notice.

Hello Rob,
:yl2jump: Welcome to ScubaBoard! I came here to look for help with my scuba diving dream and the response has been fantastic. So, I know you will enjoy being a member here. There are a lot of nice and informative scuba divers. It's a good place to meet other divers and share experiences and dreams. Take care and Happy Diving. Matt. :snorkels:

:balloon
Click here to greet a new member!

No experience needed and it feels great!

Hello Rob and welcome to the board. You'll find there are quite a few local Ottawa divers here as well as divers from other parts of Ontario and across Canada. If you're interested in diving in certain areas, at certain sites or looking on info on dive outings, feel free to post a message to get some details.

Cheers,
Mike

Hi Rob! Welcome aboard! You will be sure to find some great people and info on this board. I have yet to dive in Ottawa, but I have recently made some diving buddies in your area, and hope to get there soon! Have fun, and good luck on your OW dives!

Back
Top Bottom