New in Blue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nobby

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Well not really new in the truest sense. I have been diving for a little over 10 years. Have travelled extensively and seen some great diving delights on my travels. Always after a new experience and try to get away somewhere exotic every now and then. I am soon to be working in Oman and thoroughly look forward to the opportunities that will be thrown up there in terms of diving. I am always willing for a chat, I have opinions and I am a PADI OWSI/ BSAC Dive Leader OW Instr so also know a thing or two, not as much as our more veteran friends on this though. I will always be honest when psoting comments.

Only one question for now. I am planning a trip to Mexico/or the Caribbean and am looking for some advice. La Paz on the east coast of Baja or Acapulco, or should I go east and stsy around the Yucatan. I have dived Cozumel about 7 years ago just after hurrican Mitch reeked havoc and so the viz was poor. I am looking for warm water (shorty 3mm stylee and some good underwater life, aswell as a bit of life on top, if you know what I mean. Please let me know of your experiences in these areas, i'd be grateful. I am planning to go in Mid Aug.

Happy diving and be safe.

Hi Andrew, welcome to SB, we have already talked about Mexico, Cancun and the Yucatan have some nice diving. The cenotes are fantastic.
David

You know, you might add "England" to your location on your profile? Maybe I should add "USA" to mine, as we did finally join the rest of them.

I have yet to visit the Pacific side of Mexico, but that might be a better plan coming from that far if you're going to visit during hurricane season. The Southern California USA boys can help you better there. PM me if I can help you find your way here...

:zorros: don

Back
Top Bottom