hi from BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

omech

New
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Vancouver, BC...(when i can't escape to the Island
hi all,

i'm new around here postings-wise, but have enjoyed browsing the board for the past year or so and appreciate the knowledge and POVs within. at the moment i'm in the midst of a significant gear transition in preparation for an upcoming tech course, so my posts might be heavier to questions rather than answers, but i'll do what I can contribute.

keep up the good work!

Welcome to the Scubaboard. I did my transition to tech diving a few years ago and I haven't look back since. I hope you will have I much fun as I did spending all that money on new gear.

Cheers

Al

Welcome aboard.

You're lucky or smart for living in BC when it comes to diving.

Hi Owen and welcome to ScubaBoard. Great to have another diver from BC join us.
David

thanks for the warm welcome.

and I'd have to agree with you, Al, transitioning to tech's been a great way to thin down the wallet. though i think i'm over the hump - just doubles and a manifold to pick out, a sling and reg to clean, and then a big stretch in the budget for the can light that i've almost convinced myself is essential (reel work with a D8's not fun)... ok, maybe not so far past the hump but at least on the downhill slide.

good talking with you all,

Welcome to the board!

Joe

omech:
thanks for the warm welcome.

and I'd have to agree with you, Al, transitioning to tech's been a great way to thin down the wallet. though i think i'm over the hump - just doubles and a manifold to pick out, a sling and reg to clean, and then a big stretch in the budget for the can light that i've almost convinced myself is essential (reel work with a D8's not fun)... ok, maybe not so far past the hump but at least on the downhill slide.

good talking with you all,
If you still have some money left over there is always a new rebreather on the horizon :wink:
If you make it to the Island let me know. Al and I used to dive together before he became so studious. Actually he says he has more time now so maybe we can drag him out for a dive or two.
Welcome to scubaboard.

Dave,

despite what my profile reads, I'm actually an Islander born and raised - Cowichan Lake to be exact. but I've been on self-imposed exile to the mainland for so long that "Vancouver" just slips out periodically. give me a couple of months to get a course or 2 and some dives under my belt so i won't be lagging quite so far behind you and Al and we'll see if we can't hook up. I haven't done much salt water diving on the island and it'd be good to have a change of scenery from the typical vancouver sites.

And let me join the others in welcoming you to SB.com. I'm sure you'll find plenty of help in the Tech Diving, altho I am not even qualified to read those forums. PM me if I can help you find your way around The Matrix...

:cowboy: don

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom