Hello from NC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coop1

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm a NC transplant via the Marine Corps. Loved the area and decided to stick around for a bit once I was out. I've been diving since 1989 and have dove around the world for both work and pleasure. Most of my dives however are off the Louisiana (where I grew up) coast, Okinawia Japan, and now here on the Crystal Coast of NC. I dive almost everyday, weather and seas permitting. (Today being one of those not permitting days). Seems like some good info here so I'll take what I need and offer what I can... Regards, coop

Hi Coop and welcome to SB. Great place to spend your SI's, as it seems you do alot of diving.
David

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Semper Fi dude. Welcome to the board.

Lots of good info here....just have to do a little sifting sometimes.

Rich

And Welcome to SB.com. Sounds like you have a lot of diving experience...!!

PM me if I can help you find your way around The Matrix...

:biggrinba don

USMC

I gotta' meniton ET's strore there at Havelock I think it is. I always stop in on the way back from Atlantic Beach - pickup some bumper stickers, see what else I just gotta' have from there. Neat store.

When I went to check out last October, an attractive young lady :pigtails: who had to be in early 20s at best said: "So, are you all squared away there? Yep, it's a Marine Corps town. :medal:

But anyone who doesn't toast 10 November 1775 may not understand...?

welcome & glad to have ya here in lovely nc, where the gentle waves lap peacefully at your ankles as you gracefully enter & exit the shore... ha ha ha ha ha ha!! read our triangle wrecks reports! dive clubs, north america, nc wreck divers.

Thanks to all. I'm finding my way around here pretty easily. Just trying to sort the massive quantities of info available here...

Dandy Don, I know the store well. Spent two yrs at Camp Schwab in Oki and 3 yrs at LeJeune in Jacksonville. Though Havelocks much closer to where I live now. Always interesting to poke through places like that. S/F

Baby Duck, I've found the NC Wreck Divers forum and checked out as well as contributed some reports. I might have to try some of that shore diving stuff on the Northern OBX some day.

Thanks again all for the welcome.

coop

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom