Hello from Diveshow.com

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NJDevil

Reaction score
This site looks great. Got my website going again after many year hiatus.
Moved to North Carolina from New Jersey.
Unfortunatly I am near charlotte and not near the shore like I was up north.
Hoping to get back into scuba soon.
In the mean time I wouldnt mind some feedback on my new site.

http://www.diveshow.com

Right now its pretty empty I am hoping the dive community will build it up.

Hi NJDevil,
welcome to SB, plenty of nice folks from NC here on the board. Quite of move for you from NJ to NC, now remember to treat them nice, your're not in Jersey anymore.
David

El Orans:
Hello NJDevil,

just wondering what would be the bonus in using your site?

Laurens

Nevertheless, welcome (Scub)aBoard! :happywave

Previously It had listed many dive shows/events but I had to do everything manually. The site went offline for about 3 years and recently decided to try and rewrite everything in a more dynamic way so I only need to clean up junk postings. Now scuba events/clubs/buddies can be manually put in by the people hosting the shows/events. Not trying to compete with any sites just another possible directory so others can find scuba things to do. The site also responds to scubashow.com I was also thinking about turning the site scubashopper.com into a some e-bay/classifieds type site for people to be able to sell thier equipment on. The name says it all and I bought them when I got into diving heavily. I had other scuba sites but just kept these 3. Now just looking for a little direction on how the sites can be helpfull for other divers.

dlndavid:
Hi NJDevil,
welcome to SB, plenty of nice folks from NC here on the board. Quite of move for you from NJ to NC, now remember to treat them nice, your're not in Jersey anymore.
David

Thanks
Its funny living here near charlotte in Mooresville (Aka Race City USA). I didnt think I would be scuba diving unless I travelled but funny enough there is a scuba shop less than a mile away from my home and they tell me there is a rock quarry not 5 mins away they do checkout dives at. I love this place. Everything is like living in Disney. Moving out of NJ was the best thing I ever did and the wife and kids even agree. Miss my old buddies but the government in NJ is really out of control. Being an NJ diver though I feel I can dive anywhere. Lots of my buddies look to be moving to NC also so maybe I wont be giving them all up. But my main dive buddy is back in NJ and not looking to move. Shame because a good dive buddy you understand and know their limits and vice is really a hard find. We could virtually read each others mind. But I am looking forward to making some new dive friends here in NC and getting down to the NC shore to see what it has to offer.

Thanks.

These BBoards are great I spent about 3 hours reading some great posts.

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Hello, NJDevil- welcome to SB!
NJDevil:
... there is a scuba shop less than a mile away from my home and they tell me there is a rock quarry not 5 mins away they do checkout dives at.
Lucky dog!
NJDevil:
...the government in NJ is really out of control.
This seems to be the case almost everywhere.
NJDevil:
... But I am looking forward to making some new dive friends here in NC and getting down to the NC shore to see what it has to offer.
I'm told wreck diving in NC is outstanding! My LDS has a trip scheduled in early September. Can't wait!!! There is a forum on SB for NC wreck divers. Don't know how to do a direct link from my post. The greeters, staff, etc. here on SB are really great about telling you how to get around. You can just PM them by clicking on their screen name.

NJDevil:
Thanks.

These BBoards are great I spent about 3 hours reading some great posts.
You can spend countless hours doing this! If you have any questions, someone here knows an answer. I've found everyone to be very friendly and it won't take you long to feel right at home:) PS- nice web site.

Interesting looking site. Put it in your Sig as a hyper link, like this: DiveShow.com

PM me if I can help you with that or finding your way around The Matrix...

:cowboy2: don

Back
Top Bottom