Greeting (a bit late)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shipwreck_ferret

Registered
Reaction score
Hi fellow scuba divers. I'm new to this board, but not new to scuba diving.
A bit about my diving history:
I started scuba in 1971 with my father, after snorkeling for a couple of years (first time in the ocean was in 1969); I then stopped completely in 1979 due to...many things, and started again in 1992.

I am now involved in a semi commercial project making video documentary about the shipwreck of the St-Laurent river. We already are a full year late on release, but are working hard to meet deadlines(which was last year :wink: . Some info can be had here (in French though): http://www.odysea.ca . The site is far from finished as I'm the only one in the team with limited web coding ability, but we'll get there eventually (hopefully).

Anyway, I'm glad I've found his board as some good info and good peoples can be found here.

Cheers.

hello ferret, Welcome to SB! Good luck with that site! Thanks for joining us. Be safe and happy diving!

Hi there shipwreck_ferret, 'bout time you found us. Je ne pas parle la Francais, but good luck on the your site.
David

Welcome to SB.com...!!

Okay, where is MTL? I understand virtually no French, having had a challenge getting on the west bound road leaving Montreal airport last year from Brockville, so I didn't try your site. Are you talking about the wrecks of the St.Lawrence...?

Anyway, glad you joined us. PM me if I can help you find your way around the Matrix...

don :cowboy:

Hey Ferret, Welcome to Le Scuba Board!

I also ne parle pas la Français, but it seems like a pretty cool thing you are doing with the video. Please let us all know when it comes out! And welcome to the site.

Zack

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Yes, MTL is Montreal, the city I'm currently based at.

We eventually would like to do the web site in both French and English, but my English is rather poor so I will have to find somebody to help me with the translation. The video will be in both French and English, but NTSC only (sorry Europe folks, but I never figured out how to do the PAL thing and keep quality).

The videos, and the website (where we will put up the information we gathered throughout our research that didn't make it to video), will be dedicated to the shipwreck of the St-lawrence river, for now between Cornwall and Kingston.

There is a small demo video on the website, so even if you don't speak French you can still watch this and get a small taste of our impending release; that is untill I get my but in gear and finish putting up all the material and translate the thing.

Cheers.

Neat video. You might want put the site in your Signature here, or maybe a hyperlink like this....?

Click the Reply button inside this box to see the codes I used. Copy and paste in your Sig if you like them. :)

DandyDon:
Neat video. You might want put the site in your Signature here, or maybe a hyperlink like this....?

Click the Reply button inside this box to see the codes I used. Copy and paste in your Sig if you like them. :)

Thanks DandyDon. I tried the sig thingy, but it doesn't seem to show up? Unless it shows only in new post? I'll see with this one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom