Hello from Moberly MO

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cummings66

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, I'm Matt and soon will be a certified open water diver. I've done the classroom and pool work and it went well. On the weekend of July 16th we're going to Tablerock for the open water dives which can't happen soon enough for me. It's going to be great and it's hard to wait...

Hi Matt, and welcome to ScubaBoard :D

You might want to checkout the divers from your area in the

Mid West Muck Divers and I wish you the best of luck!

I was in Buffalo a couple months back. Flew my Cessna over there to visit Dad and while there went to Fort Oswego. While there I noticed a boat out there about 100 yards off shore with a dive flag and it seemed to be following some divers under the water based on their float which was in front of the boat.

PS, I have been reading the thread with the midwest much divers and it has me jazzed about Table Rock. I never knew there was that much stuff in there. It's going to be fun I'm sure.

You know how it is when you just want the time to pass so you can do what you want? Well, right now it just can't go fast enough. I'm diving in a couple weeks, then one week after that a national Cessna flyin, then a week later I'll be trying out a quarry with some buddies.

It sounds like you’re hooked, so add to your scuba budget for an old cheap car to leave at 2H2 so you can make that trip to Table Rock real quick from MBY. They’re the best airport near the lake that will let you leave a car there full time and then you’re only 30 minutes from some of the better diving on the lake. 2H2 also has a mechanic on duty over many weekends so you can get inexpensive oil changes and 100 hour inspections while you’re diving for the weekend. PLK is closer to all the action, but not nearly as friendly unless you’re flying in G-IV. Tell the folks at 2H2 that Mooney Bill from Florida says hi, and ask them what happened to the Cessna I sold them.

Welcome to ScubaBoard from one that dove Table Rock for almost 40 years before moving away.

Welcome to the board, and if you're ever in need of a dive buddy, let me know. I am more than willing to get to Table Rock or one of the quarries for a dive. I too am hooked and can't get enough....Where the Hell is Moberly????

Be sure to check out our New Divers forum. PM me if I can help you find your way around our Matrix...

don :biggrinba

welcome to the boards!!

Back
Top Bottom