Hello from Michigan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dewdropinn

Reaction score
Hello, I recently was certified and I am looking to meet people and talk scuba. I'm from the West Michigan area, but possibly relocating back to Florida this fall. My interest in diving is underwater filmmaking/videography. I really want to learn how to light a scene underwater and meet the people who do that. So I guess I'm looking for the Underwater Grips, Electrics, DP's, Gaffers. If there are people with such titles. However, for now I'm just looking to master my bouancy control, and find a dive buddy. Any tips or links would be greatly appreciated...

Welcome to the board!

Joe

dewdropinn:
Hello, I recently was certified and I am looking to meet people and talk scuba. I'm from the West Michigan area, but possibly relocating back to Florida this fall. My interest in diving is underwater filmmaking/videography. I really want to learn how to light a scene underwater and meet the people who do that. So I guess I'm looking for the Underwater Grips, Electrics, DP's, Gaffers. If there are people with such titles. However, for now I'm just looking to master my bouancy control, and find a dive buddy. Any tips or links would be greatly appreciated...
Welcome to SB! It's the best place for all the diving info you are looking for. If you move to Florida, you'll be in a great area for diving and meeting buddies. Well, SB is loaded with great people from all over. I'm just kinda partial to the Florida Conch Divers :crafty: So, even if ya don't relocate... do drop in! Aaaawww that was corny!

What Lil said. :thumb: Check out our New Divers forum, your local dive club forums, the link ScubaTexan gave you, and let me know if I can help...

don :cowboy2:

I was wondering where in MI are you from. I am near Mt. Clemens and dive the St. Clair River often if your interested.

dewdropinn:

dewdropinn:

Welcome to Scubaboard. I'm taking a wild guess here but I bet you are from the Muskegon area. If you are looking to do some diving the WMDC sponsors dives every Thursday and Saturday, at various locations around the area. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Thanks,

Hey, welcome to the board. I'm a buckeye and I hope you won't hold that against me. I also am a video producer and love to shoot UW. Currently I'm working on a promo for one of our quarries in the area and am about to start to edit the 7 hrs. of raw tape I captured last Dec. in Truk Lagoon. I've produced a couple of programs for cable TV, "Just Beneath the Surface" being one. I use a Sony VX1000 in an Amphibico VH1000 housing. The Sony does a great job, but it's getting old and I can see a new one in the future; however, the problem is that I'll also have to purchase a new housing for the new cam. The VH1000 is made solely for the VX1000 - bummer! The housing cost as much as the cam. Looking forward to sharing ideas and experiences with you. Again, welcome to the board.

Barracuda2

Back
Top Bottom