Hi from a future cave and cavern diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wolfraven

Reaction score
I am a 50 year old ex-military sniper who just got into scuba diving last year and am I hooked but good. This year I was Nitrox certified and plan on being certified for underwater nav, night diver and wreck diver. Next spring, I am taking classes for cavern and intro cave diving and having my cert dives in Florida. Cave and cavern diving sounds like a blast. I look forward to these classes.
If there are any ladies out there who would like to go diving with this crazy old man then feel free to drop me a line or two. I solo dive for now and have for the last ten dives but I wouldn't mind some company when I go diving. And, yes, I am single.

Welcome to the board. I think there are a couple of caves in your area, but you might have to head east to get a whole bunch. Glad to hear you are making a little time between OW and cavern/cave, but you'd better get used to diving as a team :wink:

Welcome to SB...I am a former Marine and I just love this sport also, I plan on doing the Cavern/Intro Cave this fall. I did some cavern diving last year in florida and was hooked also, it is such a blast. Well enjoy the board and welcome ...:)

welcome aboard, wolfraven

you will have a blast progressing through your cave classes; once you do it,
all other diving sort of pales in comparison

take your time, though... it's not a race =)

Good to have you join us. Be sure to check out our Singles forum. You may not find the love of your life, but we have fun down at the bottom of the board. I'm leaving Saturday for a week on Utila Is - a group of 20 SB Singles from 15 states and provinces. We've been getting to know each other for months, and they're nuts. :bandsmlz:

simbrooks:
I think there are a couple of caves in your area...
:confused: Caves around Dallas? The hill country around San Antonio and beyond, but none diveable I don't think.

don :bandit_2:

Hi wolfraven, welcome to SB. Sniper heh? What a job.
David

dlndavid:
Hi wolfraven, welcome to SB. Sniper heh? What a job.
David

U.S.Army sniper, 5th Special Forces, RSVN 1972-1973. U.S. Army Scout/Sniper 1972-1979 everywhere we were. Other countries militaries 1979-1989, merc-sniper. It was a dirty job, but somebody had to prove to commies that there really was a hell and that they were very wrong. I don't do that job anymore but I still target shoot with a scoped rifle and can still hit a 2" target at 800 yards. Not bad for an old man with bi-focals heh!

wolfraven:
U.S.Army sniper, 5th Special Forces, RSVN 1972-1973. U.S. Army Scout/Sniper 1972-1979 everywhere we were. Other countries militaries 1979-1989, merc-sniper. It was a dirty job, but somebody had to prove to commies that there really was a hell and that they were very wrong. I don't do that job anymore but I still target shoot with a scoped rifle and can still hit a 2" target at 800 yards. Not bad for an old man with bi-focals heh!

Dang! Tell you what, I'll dive with you every other weekend, and you teach me how to shoot like that on our off weekends, hehe.

Like others have said, take your time, the water is not going anywhere.

LOL...I'm a former marine...lol...be advised I eat constatine wire and piss napalm, I can split a flea's *** at 1,000 meters in the fog...lol...welcome again dude...:D...shooting and diving if you were a woman I'd ask you to marry me...lol

Toolbox-13:
LOL...I'm a former marine...lol...be advised I eat constatine wire and piss napalm, I can split a flea's *** at 1,000 meters in the fog...lol...welcome again dude...:D...shooting and diving if you were a woman I'd ask you to marry me...lol

Dude,

I am so sorry that you are that near sighted. . . lol. My longest shot was 2,300 meters withan XM-23 sniper rifle which is a modified M-14 .308 cal. with an API round at a NVA officer. What kind of rifle do the Marines use, an M-700 Remington? That's a damn find weapon though I would LOVE to get my hands on a Barrett M-82 myself. It may be a pig to carry but it would be a sweet-heart to fire.
I am also a hunter, camper, fisherman, hiker, blacksmith, brewer of beer and mead and cider and I am a HALO jumper. The beer runs 13% by the way!
One last thing, if I was a woman then I would be a lesbian as I love women as in more then one at the same time. . . LOL

Later,

WolfRaven

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom