Introducing myself

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Data

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Hi all,
a little intro about myself.
my name is detlev and I'm german, I live in florida since 1987 and everybody calls me david (since nobody could remember my real name) even my mom calls me david today.
I got my ow certification in 87 and went diving with some crazy friends.
having a pilots license and flying aerobatics I was always very concerned about safety and decided that at least one of us should know what to do in an emergency.
I went up to rescue diver and later even decided to get my dive master certification.
that was back in 94.
since then I dove every wrack and all parts of the reefs from the keys to palm beach.
I stopped logging dives and lost my logbook in a move and never really bothered to start logging again, but I should be somewhere around 1500 dives.
due to my golfing obsession and a million other hobbies, diving has taken a backseat over the past 5 years or so.
I then went a few times in 02 and 03 again and when I started flying remote controlled helis I spend every free min that I didn't play golf, flying helis.
in jan. of 05 I started my first salt water aquarium and guess what, it got me back into diving again.
I'm not much of a poster, but I love to read a lot and I will check this board allot for valuable information that seems to be plenty.

Thanks for having such a great forum

hey, data, welcome aboard

i don't fly anymore, and i never played golf, but hey... at least we have
diving in common :wink:

Heya David, Welcome aboard and back into diving... I might need some tips from you on that salt water aquarium, I've yet to even put the water in it (I'm scared...hehehe)

Welcome aboard. I’d love to find a way to mix aerobatic flying and diving, but there’s no room in an Extra 300 for tanks. Would someone talk to Walter about that?

thanx for the warm welcome, if you guys have any questions about any of my other hobbies I will certainly try to do my best in giving you my advise/opinion.

baitedstorm:
Heya David, Welcome aboard and back into diving... I might need some tips from you on that salt water aquarium, I've yet to even put the water in it (I'm scared...hehehe)

Vickie,

I have some friends up your way that run a coral greenhouse business. They might be able to get you started. You should see their operation - it is awesome! They get small corals and fish from aquarium stores that are "ill" and rehabilitate them then grow them in these huge tanks until they are good for resale back to stores. I've never seen better aquariums then theirs.

Oops - sorry if I got of the thread track! Welcome back to diving David!

lol..... Renee... thread jacker.. :laughing: hook me up girl

Well, actually - I'm on Utila Island this week, but wanted to log on long enough to welcome our new members. :D

:cowboy: don

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom