Greetings from South Dakota!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SDJohnson

Reaction score
Figured it was time to submit my first post. I am a new diver, and as you can tell I am up here in South Dakota. Very limited diving around Vermillion, but a short two hour trip and I am at some decent dive spots. So far I haven't been able to talk my wife, or my friends into getting certified, but I have a feeling as much as I talk about it one of them is bound to break down (possibly just to shut me up!). Anyway, I love the board and I am amazed at the amount of knowledge here.

Glad you've posted an introduction! Let us know if we can help you persuade your wife to start diving too.... :wink:

SDJohnson:
So far I haven't been able to talk my wife, or my friends into getting certified, but I have a feeling as much as I talk about it one of them is bound to break down (possibly just to shut me up!).

Hey welcome aboard! Once everyone sees how much fun :D you are having, they'll join you! If you ever get to San Diego, I'll take you out kelp diving. I also know a great place on the beach to eat breakfast afterward!

Cheers, :mouse04:

wetrat

Looks like Laurens gave you good links.

:cowboy2: don

And don't be shy about posting. Click Forums above, tour the long list of choices, and jump in anywhere you're qualified. PM me with any questions, and I'll try to find a pretty good answer.

Welcome to the board. You keep hounding them. They will give in, and when they do they will be like, "Why did I wait this long????".... Keep it up..

Welcome
Im not to far from you and actually in Vermillon weekly.
Where did you get certified?
Donovans hoggy and scuba /?
email me if you want to go dive at pickstown sometime.
bmlarson@usd.edu

Where do you dive in South Dakota in the summer?? Sounds fun. There are a few cool fresh water spots here in the Rockies.

Happy Diving

That makes four or five SB members that I know of from South Dakota. We should start a sub forum and maybe draw a few more lurkers out of the woodwork.

We could call it Dakota Divers and include people from North Dakota as well. That would probably get the membership up to 6 or 7.

Or we could call oursleves High Plains Divers and include people from Nebraska, and eastern Colorado, eastern Wyoming and eastern Montana as well.

hello,

Welcome to scuba board

Cheer
Jason

Aqua master
I think thats a good Idea. Maybe include SD,ND,NE,WY,CO
AS FOR A NAME ????????????Ill have to think more

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom