Hello from the Chicago area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

forestfish

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am in the process of getting my PADI open water cert - should be done in about two weeks time. I have been interested in scuba for a long time, and finally had the reason to follow through!

I have purchased the following items, but not used them yet. The dive shop here recommended them. fins: Tusa tri-ex; mask: scubapro cristal vu; snorkel: scubapro phoenix, and booties.

I still would like to purchase a wetsuit. My diving will be with my husband (also a newbie) in Hawaii, Carribbean, and the Great Barrier Reef. Any suggestions on type of wetsuit?

Welcome to the board! It's always nice to have a new face join the party, you're going to love the underwater world.

You'll find answers to most of your gear questions in the New Divers or the Basic Scuba Discussions forums - take a leisurely stroll through some of the material already there and if you still don't find the answer you're looking for you can always ask there - you'll probably get a better response than you will here.

You should also check out the Great Lakes Wrecking Crew section of this board. You'll find a bunch of your neighborhood amphibians loitering aimlessly over there, just waiting to say hello to a couple of newbies.

My advice on wetsuits for warm water destinations: never buy a shorty - you want full coverage; 3mm is the most versatile in terms of insulation and adaptability; don't waste money on titanium; stretchy is good and usually worth the money; fit is more important than brand.

Welcome to the board!
Rent a wet suit a few times, try several before you buy one.

Joe

Howdy and Greetings from Texas! :happywave

I like to say Welcome Y'All to every new member who joins this wonderful board, but I have been ill & off for a few days. I'm late, but let me join the others in saying...

Welcome Pardner! :flag:​

don :cowboy:

Welcome to the board. Check out this forum for suggestions on a wetsuit.

Click here ---->[red]Exposure Suits[/red]

PS - My dad was born in Belvidere, Ill. I have family in Cherryvale, Rockford, Shaumburg, Elgin, and in the city of Chicago.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom