New stuff

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sordello

Reaction score
Washington State... for a short time I think!
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi All
I started diving in 1981 and did a lot of diving in the Puget Sound. I was and am as relaxed in the water as on land. Well, I get nervious when away from water for too long. I volunteered to work as a safety diver while living in Seattle. One of the first big lessons learned was that you must drink a lot of water while doing 4 dives a day. I thought that a flu bug caught me but it was severe dehidration. Big lesson that week. I drove to an emergency room in Bothel an a very smart doc gave me 2 litre's of water and I left happy as one could be. My instructor added this to his lesson plan after the incident and told me to drink more beer with the crew.
I have no accurate numbers of the numbers of dives I've done. In 1994 after a day of diving we went to a resturant and had dinner. When I returned to the car the trunk had been pried open and all my equipment was stolen - including my logs. The only things that was not stolen was my Scubapro Jetfin's which I still use. It was too tough to stuff them into the bag. At the time when I learned to dive there was only a few companies that were popular with divers and that was Scubapro, USdiver, and Dacor. Everything I owned was top of the line Scubapro except the BC and octopus which were Dacor. I've only purchased very basic equipment since then.
I have not used enough different equipment to be a reviewer but am using this site to make some choices - sometimes useful - sometimes not.
I now own a hodgepodge of different equipment.
My current regulator is a Aqualung Titan with a Pivot console with pressure, depth, and temp.
I have been using a Aqualung Wave BC - very basic - but it works. I just purchased a Dacor Talon BC - I can't explain why I always am attracted to Dacor BC's - maybe bang for the buck explains this one. I hope it wasn't a mistake - I've done a lot of those.
It is interesting that I've gone away from scubapro and been bery satisfied with much cheaper equipment. Most of my current gear is Aqualung and I am looking for new gear as I plan to get back into saltwater diving. It would be nice to have more than 1 meter visibility again.

Lucky for me, I learned the importance of hydration here on SB. Except beer is not hydrating. Water is okay, but I like a sport drink. I make my own with kool aid and a bit of Morton Lite Salt.

:biggrinba don

And don't be shy about posting. Click Forums above, tour the long list of choices, and jump in anywhere you're qualified. PM me with any questions, and I'll try to find a pretty good answer.

Welcome! Enjoy your splendid stay!

Welcome to ScubaBoard from the right side of the country :D

Welcome to the board. I drink a lot of water while diving. There is a great article about fluids and diving in one of those diving magazines. I can't remember which one.. Either Scuba Diving or Sports Diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom