I am from Iceland and I say.... HELLO!

Haver you been to Iceland?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zeolite

New
Reaction score
Hi guys!

I have been reading a lot of posts here on this forum. Great hangout I must say. I'm new to diving and I live here in the Island called Iceland :) There is alot of divers here and you can check out the Icelandic diving community here Icelandic diving community page
And here you can see some pictures from the divers... on the ground and in the water
Picture from Iceland

I just finished my 1st part of the OWD at Scuba Training Net.

I'm moving to Virginia Beach 12th of december to start at ODU univeristy. I will be staying in USA for 3-4 years and i have decided to finish my diving license at Wreck master divers

Like i said i just finished my book part of the OWD. I have been in the ocean 3 times in the past. All the times i did it in vacation in Spain and i must say this is the experience of a lifetime. My family is into diving and you must be thinking why I didn't start allready :) My oldest brother is a diver and he has been doing it over 10 years and he has been all around the world to dive in wrecks. Every time he strat talking about it I allways want to start and now I finally did. I also have another brother who dived a lot in the past and worked as a rescue diver here. And what he told me was when you start working as a diver it takes the fun out of it and the hobby starts getting boring. So he hasn't dived for years now. But I will try to get him back in :)

I only have thoughts what i should buy, so I thought the best way is to wait until i come to Virginia Beach where i will live so i can try out the stuff before i buy it to see if it fits on me... skinny as I am :) Anyone here from Virginia Beach?

Well, hell of a greeting for the first time but i just wanted you to know me better. I caaaaaaaaaaaaaant waiiit until i get to VAB to start the training in the pool and ocean. Anyone has a magic clock the makes the time go faster? Anyone?? please turn it on for me :)

Thank you and hope we all make good friends

Hey zeolite, welcome to SB, something about your poll don't add up.
But welcome aboard, you could put a countdown timer in your posts and watch the time slip by.
David

Whoops :)

One more choice is missing in the poll...

Hi there and welcome to ScubaBoard! Its great to have you here! I hope you feel that you can jump right in! Let me know if there is anything that I can help you with while you learning your way around the boards!!

Safe diving!
Kayla

Hello there zeolite,

Welcome to Scuba Board! and Safe Diving :diver:

I've never been there. Have you ever been here? Well, glad you joined us on SB...

:cowboy:
don

And don't be shy about posting. Click Forums above, tour the long list of choices, and jump in anywhere you're qualified. PM me with any questions, and I'll try to find a pretty good answer.

Welcome, I have been to your beautiful country and have nearly 100 dives there back in 1985. I worked at the base in Keflavik and taught one NAUI Icelandic class in Reykjavik. I am away from my files as I am on the road again, this time in Korea. I don't remember names beyond but ask Páll J Guðbergsson about our class and his trip to Florida.

Welcome to the board, it is a great place....

I've been there on vacation. It's one of the most stunningly beautiful places in the world. You can do some wonderful hiking there. I took a trip to the Snaefelsness peninsula and watched seals swim around in the ocean. It's also the coldest looking water I've seen in my life. It's the NORTH Atlantic. I'm a newbie and have no drysuit experience, so I can't imagine diving that water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom