Hi from Puget Sound

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike Nelson

Reaction score
Howdy, all! My name is Mike Lubrecht; I live out in the Cascade foothills east of Seattle.

Just learned to swim over the last month or so (managed to avoid getting into any water over my head for the past 40+ years). Actually, I'm still learning, but my wife and I signed up for our Open Water certification class and cert for October. We're hoping to employ our new diving skills in either Belize or Roatan (or maybe Maui) next February or March. I'm also, of course, interested in seeing the wildlife in my own backyard.

Thanks to the board already for giving me some really good ideas of what equipment I might want to look at and demo, particularly regs, BCDs, and even fins. Also, thanks to my friend scubaotter for pointing me here and helping me ramp up on diving schools and all sorts of other questions.

Hope to meet some of you soon!

Hi Mike and welcome to ScubaBoard, great place to learn and talk diving. Looks like UP has already said hi. Congratulations on learning to swim and dive, you'll love it.
David

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Hi there Mike, My name is Matt. Welcome to the Board! You should enjoy it here, you will find lots of information about diving. You can also meet many nice people too. Have a fun time here. and Safe Diving. :jump013: :diver:

Mike Nelson:
Howdy, all! My name is Mike Lubrecht; I live out in the Cascade foothills east of Seattle.

Just learned to swim over the last month or so (managed to avoid getting into any water over my head for the past 40+ years). Actually, I'm still learning, but my wife and I signed up for our Open Water certification class and cert for October. We're hoping to employ our new diving skills in either Belize or Roatan (or maybe Maui) next February or March. I'm also, of course, interested in seeing the wildlife in my own backyard.

Thanks to the board already for giving me some really good ideas of what equipment I might want to look at and demo, particularly regs, BCDs, and even fins. Also, thanks to my friend scubaotter for pointing me here and helping me ramp up on diving schools and all sorts of other questions.

Hope to meet some of you soon!
hey that's my avatar..... BEEN USING IT FOR OVER A YEAR !!!!!!!

Wow! Just now lerning to swim huh? There is so much more under the water, you got to see some of it. Have fun...

:bandit_2: don

And don't be shy about posting. Click Forums above, tour the long list of choices, and jump in anywhere you're qualified. PM me with any questions, and I'll try to find a pretty good answer.

Mike Nelson:
Whoops! Sorry! Didn't mean to be an avatar thief! I'll find something else right away!

Mike
Don't get scared off by scubapro50. He thinks he's the real Nike Nelson (insert old wink face here).

Welcome to SB! Ya know, some of the world's best diving is out your back door! Give it a go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom