Greetings from Vancouver Island, BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Canadian Craigster

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
After lurking for a while, I suppose it's time to "come out."

Hi, my name's Craig, and ...... I'm a diver.

Wow...that was easier than I thought it would be.

Seriously, I'm a dedicated Victoria (Vancouver Island) diver with over 300 logged dives, all of them around the Island (other than about 15 on beautiful Bonaire). I've dove Victoria, Nanaimo, Union Bay, Hornby Island, Campbell River, Port Hardy, and crossed over to Queen Charlotte Sound.

Along the way, I finished my PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer certification and ran an independent scuba instruction company (Victoria Scuba Ventures) which is, at the moment anyway, sitting idle. I work full time for the provincial government, and have a great family, so time to teach is hard to come by.

I "retired" from diving about 12 months ago (sold everything, quit cold turkey), only do discover that diving was more a part of my life than I thought it had become.

I've just finished re-equipping (thanks to the nice people at Divetank in Vancouver....Shannen and Richard, you are the best !!), and I did my first dive since October 2004 this past Sunday at glorious Willis Point on Saanich Inlet.

New gear includes a Bare XCD2 Tech drysuit with SiTech dry gloves, Apeks ATX50 regulator on DST 1st stage with TX40 octopus, SeaQuest Pro-XLT BCD, Suunto Vyper, and Mares Volo Power fins.

I'm aspiring to re-equip for photography....I have an Oly 5050z and have had both the Oly and Ike housings.....trying to save the coin now for another Ike housing and strobe.

Some of you may recognize me from "that other board" as Craigster....nice to see some familair handles over here.

Hope to get the chance to dive with a few of you over then next while.....would love to hook up with any Victoria area divers if schedules permit.

Ciao for now, see you around the forums.

Craig
"Canadian Craigster"

Ummm, welcome back? :D Glad you repented your non-diving ways and have found your way back to the light! Hope this board is helpful to you, you've been lurking awhile so should be familiar with the place. I'm a few hours south of you, just outside Seattle, but have aspirations to drive north next year to dive in many of the places you mentioned. ("I've dove Victoria, Nanaimo, Union Bay, Hornby Island, Campbell River, Port Hardy, and crossed over to Queen Charlotte Sound...") If you're back up and running then, perhaps we can meet and do some dives in your old stomping grounds.

Dive safe,

Doc

Hi Craig and welcome to SB and welcome back to diving.
David

Welcome to the board!

Joe

hi and welcome to the board. good luck and dive safe:)

If you have been lurking, I guess you know your way around, but let me know if I can help. Interesting how you quit diving and came back. Glad to have you here, too...

:cowboy: don

And don't be shy about posting. Click Forums above, tour the long list of choices, and jump in anywhere you're qualified. PM me with any questions, and I'll try to find a pretty good answer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom