Great board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mark Wright

New
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Hello all,

New to the board but not to diving. Got certified in 1989 as a PADI OW diver but didn't do any diving until 1995 after moving to NC from NY. After a summer of diving the local quarry, scuba again went to the back burner and I started taking flying lessons.

After meeting the girlfriend in 2001 and who now is the wife LOL, she showed an interest in diving so we got her certified and I have not looked back since. The wife and I completed our PADI AOW on a trip to Cozumel in 2002. I continued on to go through the PADI Rescue and Master Diver programs and just this week, 9/20/05, finished the DiveMaster program YIPPIE if I don't say so myself LOL.

Before the end of this year I'll easly roll 200 logged dives, at 188 now, the wife and I are making our yearly trip to Cozumel the first week of November and I still have pleanty of time left for quarry dives.

Again this is a great board and lookforward to talking to you all in the near future.

hey there welcome to the board i myself joined for information gathering but eventually found out that it was a coll place to be in. many good people to help you around and i have met and dove with over 20 people coz of sb! amazing how the sboard works. anyway good luck to you and welcome:)

I think you will find just about every flavor of diver in the SB mix. One thing to be certain, you have stumbled upon the holy grail of scuba web sites, and the members here are WAY into diving!! :D

I generally don't welcome members (and we get a LOT of new people daily) but noticed your intro was not well responded to. :10:

Take a look at the "forum" area, as there are a LOT of differnet area's within SB including local area's by region, and even such stuff as DIR (gasp) forums. This is a great place to hook up with divers. I dove with many people off this forum last time I was in FL, and what great people and divers they were!!

Have fun, welcome to SB, and congradulations on your DM status, and the fact that you have someone who you can dive with, AND share your life with!!

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Hey Mark and welcome to ScubaBoard, check out the NC Wreck Divers if you're looking for some dive buddies and adventure in your area.
David

RonFrank:
I think you will find just about every flavor of diver in the SB mix. One thing to be certain, you have stumbled upon the holy grail of scuba web sites, and the members here are WAY into diving!! :D ..................and even such stuff as DIR (gasp) forums. This is a great place to hook up with divers. I dove with many people off this forum last time I was in FL, and what great people and divers they were!!

Have fun, welcome to SB, and congradulations on your DM status, and the fact that you have someone who you can dive with, AND share your life with!!
:laughing: on the gasping! Welcome to SB! Florida Conch Divers- yep, I'm having a great time here. David posted the local forum for your area. SB is the answer to your surface interval dream.... Looks like the rest of your life is a great dream coming true too. :07: Happy and safe diving, see you on the board!

Yep, you got the bug now...

:biggrinba don

And don't be shy about posting. Click Forums above, tour the long list of choices, and jump in anywhere you're qualified. PM me with any questions, and I'll try to find a pretty good answer.

Welcome to ScubaBoard! I hope you find hanging around here as fun and educational as I do. This is truly a unique website!

wetrat

Back
Top Bottom