Greetings from Seattle!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Penopolypants

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
New diver and new member saying hi!

I took diving lessons a) because my father was a construction and recreational diver in his younger days, and strongly encouraged me to "see the rest of the word"; and b) because my sister and I are planning to go to Thailand next year and wanted to do more than just snorkel there. I was very surprised and pleased to find that Seattle has such cool (though cold!) places to dive right in our back yard. Although I have to say that I am looking forward to my trip to Thailand just so that I can do some diving without the bazillion layers of insulation required here. :D

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Welcome to ScubaBoard Penopolypants! Sounds like you are off to a fantastic start! I learned to dive in cold water here in Southern California for a trip to Hawaii and found I was more prepared than a lot of people on the diveboats there. I like cold water diving because it is more challenging and the mammals are bigger! I especially love the way sea lions here in So Cal like to play with the divers.

Anyway, you will find ScubaBoard a great place to hang out and meet other people to dive with, get answers to your questions or just hang out and laugh at all the characters. A few good places to start are:

New Divers and Those Considering Diving

Pacific Northwest Orca Bait

and of course, my personal favorite,

ScubaLimericks

Enjoy your trip to Thailand and we'll see you around the boards!

wetrat

Ooh, I likes me some limericks! I'll have to put my brain in gear and come up with a few!

Welcome from a PNW Canadian neighbour!

Yeah, but you have sights there found nowhere else in the world. Enjoy your trip, tho.... :pilot:

:bandit_2: don

And don't be shy about posting. Click Forums above, tour the long list of choices, and jump in anywhere you're qualified. PM me with any questions, and I'll try to find a pretty good answer.

Welcome to the SB. What shop did you get your C-card thru in Seattle?

The Dive Bum

The Dive Bum:
Welcome to the SB. What shop did you get your C-card thru in Seattle?

The Dive Bum

Lighthouse Diving. I had a fabulous, highly experienced instructor, a small class, loads of divemasters helping keep an eye on us n00bs, and got to learn dry suit diving right off the bat. An excellent experience all around.

Sounds like you found a great dive shop. My brother-in-law teaches at TLSea. Thats why I was asking. I have not been there but I look on their web site quiet often and they sure have alot going on.

The Dive Bum

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom