New To Board & Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rwerth

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I'm new to this board and new to diving as well. I took PADI OW classes this past summer and did my certification dives the beginning of July. I'm from Kansas, so it's not too easy to find places anywhere near where I live to do any diving. I went to Oronogo, Missouri to do my certification dives and haven't had the opportunity to dive again since. Now my boyfriend (we both got certified at the same time) and I are planning our first dive trip to Cozumel the end of October. We are excited but also a bit apprehensive since this will be our first diving since we were OW certified. The ocean is going to be a completely different experience than we've had so far. We will be staying at Fiesta Americana all-inclusive and have booked three days of diving so far and figured we'd see how that went and decide if we'll try to fit more in once we are there. We don't have any dive equipment yet and plan on renting what we need there. I would love any recommendations for first time ocean divers and any tips that you might have about Cozumel as well.
Thanks,
Rhonda

You'll love Cozumel.. I've been there 7 times in the last two years. The water vis is fantastic 100 ft +and there's a enough varied dive sites to keep you occupied. Research the several dive operations on scubaboard. You'll love it and BTW, welcome to the Board

Hi Rhonda and welcome to SB. Diving Cozumel is fantastic, warm water, great vis, lots to see. Most of it is drift diving, stay with the group, relax, keep an eye on your depth and air gauge and just go with the flow.
David

Welcome to the board!

Joe

You'll love Cozumel diving, but be careful. You are responsible for your own diving, even if you get a macho DM or a bad boat driver.

:bandit_2: don

And don't be shy about posting. Click Forums above, tour the long list of choices, and jump in anywhere you're qualified. PM me with any questions, and I'll try to find a pretty good answer.

Oh, and since you asked, I would not dream of diving the ocean without these inexpensive pieces of gear...

Back
Top Bottom