Another New Guy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I retired last year and thought I would see if SCUBA could be one of my past times. In my early days I was a swimmer of sorts. In the early 90s, I snorkeled with dive boat people in the Red Sea. I loved it. I am trying to put together some economical and sound equipment. I will start looking for a course and certification. This looks like a great site.
Jerry

Pikulinski:
........ thought I would see if SCUBA could be one of my past times.......This looks like a great site.
Jerry
Welcome to SB! Jerry, I just think it's about time! You might even wanna go back to full time! :D Welcome to the wonderful world of Scuba. :07: And yeah, this is the best site. Enjoy!

Welcome to SB Jerry!

I didn't start Scuba until I was 54 - if you're fit and in good health, go for it...!!!

:biggrinba don

And don't be shy about posting. Click Forums above, tour the long list of choices, and jump in anywhere you're qualified. PM me with any questions, and I'll try to find a pretty good answer.

Hello Jerry welcome to the Board!!!

Welcome.
Take the course First,Then hook with some local divers- see the equipment they use prior to your purchase,I have re done my rig 3-4 times and its a curve as you go thing,Now I just look not buy! The photo gear is the only thing I hope I can buy some day,Good used stuff!
Brad

Hi Jerry, good luck with your certification. I'm certainly no expert but I would suggest you visit some dive shops and just tell them exactly what you said here. Most reputable shops understand that equipment is quite an investment and should be able to give you some good information. Tammy in Miami.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom