New member checking in...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am a brand new scuba diver, having just completed my fourth open water dive last weekend at Monterey. So far, I have dived at Monastery, Lover's Point, and Breakwater.

My instructor, Dan, is a great guy who is a very experienced dive instructor; I was very lucky to have him for personal instruction. Dan wants to learn to fly and I wanted to learn scuba, so we've been trading activities - I've taken him up in my airplane a few times, and he's worked with me through the PADI program. Unfortunately, I am not a flight instructor, so Dan's flight experiences with me are limited to the pursuit of the $100 hamburger.

The best scuba experiences I've had so far were when harbor seals were playing with us off of Lover's Point (biting our fins!), and diving to the Metridium fields off of Breakwater. Seeing those giant Metridium anenomes covering the rocks was a fantastic experience!

Looking forward to many more dives in the future!

Harry

PS: I didn't take this photo. The Metridiums we saw fully covered the rocks!

Hi Harry and welcome to ScubaBoard, I take it you're from California. You might want to fill out your profile a bit more, it helps others get to know you better.
David

Be sure to complete your Dive Info and Profile - it'll help...

:zorros: don

And don't be shy about posting. Click Forums above, tour the long list of choices, and jump in anywhere you're qualified. PM me with any questions, and I'll try to find a pretty good answer.

Hello Harry, welcome to the Board

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom